Welcome to Sinful Desire! This collection is your place to find a wide variety of Sam/Dean stories along with some great Jared/Jensen stories added into the mix.
Sinful Desire is open to new works that are Sam/Dean- or Jared/Jensen-centric.
The import of this archive to the AO3 was approved by the OTW Open Doors Committee on June 23, 2016, and will begin after October 2016.
About Sinful Desire (sinfuldesire)
This collection contains works originally located at sinful-desire.org, which were imported to the Archive of Our Own through the Open Doors Project. You can learn more about the import in the import announcement.
If you still have access to the email you used to post your works to Sinful Desire, you should have received an email with the option to claim your works at the time they were imported. If you do not have access to that email account, or did not receive the notification, please contact the moderator at the contact email address listed above.
All unclaimed works are imported as restricted to logged-in AO3 users only, and will be made publicly viewable after a 30-day transition period. If you claimed your works before that period ended, you will need to change the restriction setting.
For questions about using the AO3, please contact Support. For questions about submitting works to Sinful Desire, please contact the moderator at the email address listed above.
Submission guidelines from the original site (some details may no longer accurate and links may no longer work):
Before submitting your story to the site, please take a couple of seconds to read through the guidelines for story submissions.
1. At this site, there is a zero tolerance policy towards plagiarism. If you are reported having copy/pasted something from another author and claimed it as your own work, it doesn't matter whether it is a published book or another fan fiction story in this or any other fandom - this is not allowed at this site . The story will be deleted and your membership will be deleted from the site. I'm sorry to sound so stern about this, but plagiarism is not acceptable here at all.
2. Firstly, your story/series must be fit into one of the following categories:
Stories in the Supernatural-verse. Please do NOT place stories in the main Sam/Dean category - a story must go into one of the subcategories listed below.
Other pairings and pre-slash allowed, but ultimately, the main pairing must be Sam/Dean.
1. Pre-Series - Anything that takes place before the season 1 episode "Pilot."
2. Overall Series - Stories that take place anytime within the entire series with no specific spoilers.
3. Season 1 - Stories that take place between "Pilot" and "Devil's Trap."
4. Season 2 - Stories that take place between "In My Time of Dying" and "All Hell Breaks Loose."
5. Season 3 - Stories that take place between "The Magnificent Seven" and "No Rest for the Wicked."
6. Season 4 - Stories that take place between "Lazarus Rising" and "Lucifer Rising."
7. Season 5 - Stories that take place between "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Swan Song."
8. Season 6 - Stories that take place between "Exile on Main St" and 6x22
9. Post-Series - Stories that take place in the future, past the time frame of the current season.
10. Alternate Universe - Stories with major changes (Sam and Dean aren't hunters, they aren't brothers, etc. but are still "Sam" and "Dean")
RPS stories involving the two actors who play Sam and Dean in Supernatural, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles.
Other pairings and pre-slash are allowed, but J2 must remain the main pairing.
1. Pre-SPN - Stories where Jared and Jensen meet before filming Supernatural.
2. Post-SPN - Stories that take place after filming Supernatural is over.
3. Alternate Universe - There was no Supernatural and/or the boys are living different lives, like Jared is a repair man and Jensen is blind. You get the idea!
*Please make sure that if your story goes into one of the sub-categories you do NOT also place it in the main J2 category.The main Jared/Jensen category is for any story that takes place during the filming of Supernatural, at SPN or movie promoting events, conventions, etc.
3. Your story must be rated correctly and given the necessary warnings and genres.
G - No sex or bad language; must be suitable for all audiences.
PG - May contain few material not suitable for young children.
PG-13 - May contain bad language, sexual overtones, and drug usage.
R - Adult material, such as bad language, violence, sex, drug usage, dealing with adult themes.
NC-17 - Adult story with explicit sex scenes, sexually-oriented language, or excessive violence.
4. Correct grammar, punctuation, formatting, and spelling are expected of the stories you submit to this site. Authors may be contacted and warned if there is a huge number or errors in any of these four areas. A beta reader works wonders and can really help with your story development. I recommend a beta-reader especially if English is not your native language. If you need some friendly help, check out our wonderful list of beta readers.
5. Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact us!
6. As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. PLEASE don't ruin it for the fans outside of the US or those who want to remain spoiler-free. Please try to keep spoilers to a minimum in story summaries, for example say, "Warning: spoilers for episode 6x11!" etc.
7. More and more people are using banners and cover images for their stories, which I don't have a problem with. In fact, I really love seeing them! However, for the sake of keeping the "Most Recent" and other areas of browsing in order, please try to make sure that your image is no bigger than approximately 500x300 pixels. If it is much bigger or taller than these dimensions, feel free to use a linkable thumbnail size version of your banner in the Summary instead. Also, you can use a full-sized image in the story itself! If you need any help, please let me know.
8. Some smaller (but equally important!) details:
Please try to have all titles and summaries PG/PG-13 rated.
Phrases like "Please read" are not acceptable titles or summaries by themselves.
Make sure to mark the appropriate warnings if your story requires it (especially "Underage" warnings. If either Sam or Dean are under the age of 18 please make sure to include an "underage" warning).
Check off the story as "Completed" when it is finished, whether that is when you first add it or 20 chapters later.
When adding a new story, to select multiple characters, genres, warnings, etc. hold down the CTRL/Command (for Macs) button when clicking on what you want included.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.