THE 2020 ROUND OF PROMPTS HAS CLOSED—But keep claiming and filling! New prompts go over here.
A good old-fashioned kink meme. Everything goes: the filthiest idfic, the fluffiest fluff, or the most off-the-wall genfic you can dream up. No shame, no judgment, your kink is not my kink and that's okay; just use archive warnings appropriately.
PROMPTS ARE TAGGED & SEARCHABLE ON PINBOARD!
(Open, Moderated, Anonymous, Prompt Meme Challenge)
About Mó Dào Zǔ Shī | The Untamed Kink Meme 2020 (mo_dao_zu_shi_kink_meme_2020)
A place to post and fill fanwork prompts for any and all adaptations of MXTX's novel Mó Dào Zǔ Shī (also known as The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation).
This FAQ is constantly being edited and updated. Last update: 07:30 GMT 2021.01.06
It is really freakin’ long because I get asked a lot of questions, and I can’t get in-page links to work through AO3’s form fields, so please use the search function liberally!
email: MDZS.email@example.com | twitter: MDZS_kinkmeme | tumblr: @mdzs-kinkmeme
- Kink Meme Basics
- Claiming & Filling
- The Pinboard
KINK MEME BASICS
- What’s a kink meme?
- What type of story is this specific kink meme for?
- Literally ANYTHING goes? What about GROSS stuff?
- What’s a squick?
- If it’s a place for all kinds of prompts, not just kinky ones, why is it called a kink meme?
- Wait, AO3 has a kinkmeme feature?
- Why use AO3 and not Dreamwidth? What are the advantages?
- How do I participate?
- Who moderates this kink meme?
- What does moderating the kink meme entail?
- What should I contact you about?
- This whole prompt meme thing looks like fun. How can I make my own?
Q: What's a kink meme?
A: A place where you can prompt ideas for stories, and search through prompts for story ideas yourself.
Q: What type of story is this specific kink meme for?
A: Any story related to the world or characters of the novel Mó Dào Zǔ Shī and its adaptations/spinoffs (the donghua, the manhua, the web series, the audio drama, the chibi cartoon, The Living Dead, Fatal Journey, etc) including any possible mix of the different versions. Canon compliance, canon divergence, future fic, modern AUs, whatever other AUs, crossovers, cultivator OCs - ask for anything you want to see!
Q: Literally ANYTHING goes? Are you sure? What about.... GROSS stuff?
A: The moderator of this kink meme believes in Karl Popper's Paradox of Tolerance: tolerate everything except intolerance. If you're here because you wanna see depraved, immoral, or nightmare-inducing fictional acts written by consenting adults for the express purpose of titillating other consenting adults, that's cool! If you're here because you wanna read about safe, sane, consensual sex between characters who've been happily married for decades, that's also cool! And if sex really squicks you out, but you're here anyway because you're hoping somebody will write that super specific niche genfic idea that came to you once in a dream, that's awesome and we're happy to have you! In the end, though, I do reserve the right to suppress prompts or fills that appear to actively promote racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia or other kinds of bigotry, rather than merely feature them.
Q: What's a squick?
A: Anything that makes you uncomfortable to read about or actively turns you off from a story. It could be a ship you don't like, a kind of sex you hate, a trope that creeps you out, or a character that reminds you unpleasantly of your stepmother. If you know there are certain things that squick you out, you'll want to list those in your prompt so that whoever writes your fill knows you personally won't enjoy those things. (No shame on those who DO enjoy those things, though!)
Q: If it's a place for all kinds of prompts, not just kinky ones, why is it called a kink meme?
Q: I didn't know AO3 had a built-in mechanism for kink memes!
A: That's not actually a question, but yeah, hardly anyone does. Weird, right? Spread the word! Most kink memes are still being hosted entirely on Dreamwidth, with fills being collected only after the fact. However, the Guardian Kink Meme and the 2Ha Kink Meme are both active on AO3 now!
Q: Why use AO3 and not Dreamwidth?
A: Both have their benefits and drawbacks! The MDZS kink meme is a hybrid animal; the AO3 kink meme is partnered with the more classic MDZS Dreamwidth Kink Meme, if you prefer that format for whatever reason. There are too many prompts there to port all of them over but you’re welcome to crosspost Dreamwidth prompts yourself to give them more visibility (the “Reference URL” box is great for that!) and you can also drop a request in my tumblr inbox if you don’t have an AO3 account and want the Dreamwidth mods to get around to crossposting it for you at some point.
I made this kinkmeme on AO3 and not Dreamwidth because I knew an MDZS Dreamwidth existed but I thought it was dormant, and my reasoning was that AO3, unlike Dreamwidth, is in active use by a much larger percentage of the fandom. However, the comment feature and the anonymity is more robust on Dreamwidth, so as the use of the AO3 meme has increased, so has use of the Dreamwidth meme. The Dreamwidth meme mods and I got in touch very soon after I started up the AO3 meme and we work together to try to meet the kinkmeme needs of the fandom!
The obvious benefit of the AO3 platform is its integration with the rest of AO3, the fact that it automatically sorts fills into a collection, and that we’re all pretty familiar with the tagging structure. But it’s not a commonly used feature yet, so it’s not as robust as it could be—it gives you the ability to tag your prompts but not the ability to use those tags for anything, it doesn’t let you sign up for notifications about new fills, the only way to de-anon a story is getting the mod to do it, etc etc. If you feel like a needed feature is missing, please email AO3 Support about it!
Q: How do I participate in the AO3 kink meme?
A: Hit Join to get started! Hit Sign Up to submit prompts for others to fill. Browse the submitted prompts if you're looking for inspiration, and Claim prompts to indicate your intention to fill them, so we can all slaver in eager anticipation. If you’re ready to fill a prompt, go look at your claims under My Claims and hit Fulfill.
Q: Who moderates this kink meme?
A: I do! My name is Dove; my AO3 handle is merelydovely. Most of my publicly available fic was written for Les Mis; I also ran a NSFW blog in the Les Mis fandom. You can email me at MDZS.firstname.lastname@example.org, @ or DM me on twitter at MDZS_kinkmeme or @merelydovely, or reach out to me on tumblr at @mdzs-kinkmeme. If you can't get ahold of me for some reason, reach out to @mdzskinkmeme, my Dreamwidth-based partners in crime!
Q: What does moderating the kink meme entail?
A: I read or skim all the fills as they come in to make sure they’re not trolling, spam, or blatant violations of the prompter’s DNWs. More on that here. I also monitor prompts as they come in, looking for blatant duplicates, drama-mongering, kinkshaming, spamming, and bigotry. I keep up the AO3 Kink Meme twitter and tumblr accounts, and I manage a team of tag wranglers who help me upload prompts to our Pinboard.
Q: What should I contact you about?
A: If you have any questions not answered here, if you have any harassment/rule violations to report... or if you're looking for a discreet beta without any triggers! Running this kink meme was my idea and I wrote all the rules about "no kinkshaming" and "get as dark as you want," so you know I'm not gonna judge you for anything.
Q: This whole prompt meme thing looks like fun. How can I make my own?
A: AO3 has a tutorial on how to set up and run your own prompt meme or gift exchange!
- I want to share a prompt. How do I get a direct link?
- I found an interesting prompt and I want to see if anyone fills it. Can I “follow” the prompt somehow?
- How do I get started with submitting my own prompts?
- Are prompts anonymous?
- How will I be notified if my prompt is filled?
- How many prompts can I submit?
- When can I submit prompts?
- How often do new prompt rounds start?
- Do I have to submit my prompts all at once?
- I can’t see anywhere to submit prompts./I can’t edit my existing prompts.
- Are there any technical details or rules I need to know before I submit prompts?
- What does a good prompt look like?
- Optional Prompt Template
- What is the “Reference URL” field for in the prompt form?
- What are the “optional tags” for in the prompt form?
- I submitted a new prompt, but AO3 gave me an error message that said “That prompt would make your overall signup invalid, sorry!” What do I do?
- I submitted a prompt. I chose multiple rating options I'd be okay with, but the only one showing is Explicit!
- I submitted a prompt, but soon afterward it disappeared. What happened?
- Nobody has filled my prompt, and it’s been a while. Can I resubmit the same prompt again to get it back to the top of the stack?
Q: I want to share a prompt. How do I get a direct link?
A: The first way is to follow the link to the prompt via Pinboard and copy it from there, but if you’re browsing on AO3, here’s how you do it:
- Right click on Claim button > choose "Inspect Element"
- Code will pop up. Next to where it says <input id=, double click the "prompt_#######" text.
- Copy the #######.
- Paste the ####### after this link: https://archiveofourown.org/collections/mo_dao_zu_shi_kink_meme_2020/prompts/
- Test your new link.
- Share it around!
Q: I found an interesting prompt and I want to see if anyone fills it. Can I “follow” the prompt somehow?
A: Sadly, there is no way to “subscribe” to a prompt at the moment. The best thing to do is get a direct link to the prompt (explained above) and check it occasionally: any fills will appear under the prompt.
Please write to AO3 Support to request a “subscribe to this prompt” feature!
Q: How do I get started with submitting my own prompts?
A: When you hit the Sign Up button, you should be taken to a prompt form to fill out. You can also click directly on "Prompt Form" to begin filling it out.
Q: Are prompts anonymous?
A: By default, prompts are “semi-anonymous,” which means that the anonymity is not strictly tied to your login—if another user is handed the URL of your prompt page, they will be able to see it even if they are not logged in to your account. However, the URL for someone else’s prompt page is pretty impossible to find if you don’t have access to the AO3 back-end, so AO3 classifies prompting as “semi-anonymous.”
If you want to put your username on your prompt, uncheck “semi-anonymous” yourself. (Do NOT put a de-anon request in your prompt; mods have no control over the anonymity of prompts.)
Q: How will I be notified if my prompt is filled?
A: A notification email will be sent to whatever address you have on file with the associated AO3 account.
Q: How many prompts can I submit?
A: You can submit up to 50 prompts in a round. This is the maximum AO3 allows per prompt meme.
Q: When can I submit prompts?
A: You can submit prompts any time during a round, except Thursday 9:00 PM Pacific time–Saturday 9:00 PM Pacific time every week. This is when the mod and the tag team take a break.
Q: How often do new prompt rounds start?
A: This year, 2021, prompts will start on January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1, running for three months each. The first round in 2020 was six months, but we had SUCH a big response that six months was a little too long for easy administration on the mod end, so we’re doing shorter rounds this year and we’ll see how that goes.
Q: Do I have to submit my prompts all at once?
A: Nope! You can submit more prompts at any time by editing your signup to add more prompts. Once you've submitted at least one prompt, you should see an "Edit Signup" option when you look at your prompt submission.
Q: I can’t see anywhere to submit prompts./I can’t edit my existing prompts.
A: Are you in the latest round of the kink meme? Double-check the header to make sure you’re not in an old round that’s closed to new prompts/prompt edits. Is it Friday or Saturday? Prompts are probably closed for the weekend. Otherwise, read on!
Q: Are there any technical details or rules I need to know before I submit prompts?
A: This info is also available in the “Rules” section and in the “Sign-Up”/”Edit Sign-Up” form, but I’ll put it here too, just in case:
- ADD A DESCRIPTIVE TITLE to each prompt so that it's easier for people to skim through prompts. Not a story title, just a prompt title, like "Zhuiling find a dragon egg" or "Wangxian stuck in an elevator."
- AO3's prompt meme feature only lets you use AO3's confirmed pairing tags, so if you're prompting a rarepair, the form may not let you tag it. The mods have no control over this, sorry! Just put the pairing in the title or description.
- If you're prompting some sort of orgy or gangbang fic, feel free to skip tagging individual pairings and just put "everyone sleeps with everyone" or "[Character A]/everyone" in your description instead.
- Signups must be in English so your mod can read them. Sorry! Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like English help.
Q: What does a good prompt look like?
A: This info is also available in the “Rules” section and in the “Sign-Up”/”Edit Sign-Up” form, but I’ll put it here too for added visibility:
- It helps if you explain what you like about your prompt. Whoever fills it might not follow your outline exactly, but if they know what parts you're excited to read about, their final product will be more likely to make you happy.
- Be clear about which canon source you want your filler to use.
- If you would like to give the author the choice of whatever blend of MDZS canons they prefer, say so!
- "Behind the scenes of The Untamed" is not an MDZS canon, so Untamed RPF is not considered MDZS fanfic. However, MDZS crossovers or fusions with Untamed RPF do count.
- Be clear about your squicks, triggers, and NOTPs in your description. These are commonly grouped together at the end of the prompt description under the heading "DNW" (for "do not want.")
- Describe what you want to see in positive terms and describe what you don't want to see in neutral terms. Don't kinkshame yourself (e.g. "okay I know this means I'm sick in the head, but...") or kinkshame others (e.g. "There are too many gross fics where X happens, so I want to see Y...") in the text of your prompt! It's okay to like what you like, and okay for other people to enjoy what they enjoy too!
- Avoid negative editorializing about tropes, fandom trends, hot takes, et cetera. We are trying to prompt fic here, not discourse. Drama bait WILL be deleted.
- "NO HARD KINKS" does not have an established definition! Some fillers find it confusing and might avoid filling the prompt if the prompter's limits are not clear. Don't expect your filler to read your mind!
Optional Prompt Template:
<b>Possible settings (jianghu, modern, other): </b>
Q: What is the “Reference URL” field for in the prompt form?
A: If you're referencing an existing fanwork, twitter threadfic, tumblr post, video, article, outfit, etc, you are encouraged to link to it in the "Reference URL" field. You should also use the Reference URL field if you’re crossposting a prompt from Dreamwidth!
Q: What are the “optional tags” for in the prompt form?
A: The “optional tags” field is for elements you’d be happy to see in the story but that are not necessary. They’re suggestions. A common use is for people to list off a bunch of kinks they’d be interested in reading about—they don’t expect to see all those kinks, but it gives the prospective filler something to work with.
Q: I submitted a new prompt, but AO3 gave me an error message that said “That prompt would make your overall signup invalid, sorry!” What do I do?
A: This error usually happens because you’re using a non-standard tag. It’s a quirk of prompt memes that they only let you use established tags, or else a very limited tagset defined by the moderator. I opted to give participants access to 100% of confirmed AO3 tags, but if it’s not a confirmed AO3 tag, it will break the prompt submission. Go back and double-check for a tag that wasn’t auto-suggested by AO3!
Q: I submitted a prompt. I chose multiple rating options I'd be okay with, but the only one showing is Explicit!
A: The prompt will only show the icon for the highest rating option you selected, but if you roll over the icon, it will show a popup with all your rating options. This is also true for archive warnings and categories. You can copy-paste the published prompt from the AO3 page into a word processor to see everything written out, if you want.
Q: I submitted a prompt, but soon afterward it disappeared. What happened?
A: I probably deleted it! The most common reasons so far have been (1) we already had a prompt almost exactly like yours or (2) there was derogatory, judgmental, aggressive, victim-blaming, or fandom-wanky language in the prompt. To confirm the reason for the deletion, check out the posts about deleted prompts on tumblr here. If you have any follow-up questions, you can ask them anonymously via my tumblr ask box.
Q: Nobody has filled my prompt, and it’s been a while. Can I resubmit the same prompt again to get it back to the top of the stack?
A: Please don’t! I will delete duplicates if I notice them! Get a link to your prompt and share that prompt around on social media instead. If you don’t know anybody on social media, send the prompt to me and I’ll share it around on social media. Or come up with a variation on your original prompt, or a less specific request.
You can also CHECK FOR DUPLICATE PROMPTS by searching through the Pinboard! Generic repeat prompts will be deleted.
- In particular, we already have at least a dozen variations on "lwj wrecks yllz"/"yllz wrecks lwj" prompts, so try really hard to be creative if you’re going to add another to the pile.
CLAIMING & FILLING
- What do I do if I find a prompt I’d like to fulfill?
- Am I obligated to fill all the prompts I claim?
- What if someone else has already claimed a prompt I’m interested in?
- Are claims anonymous?/Can I see who claimed my prompt?
- How do I submit a completed fill?
- AO3 put the whole prompt in my author’s note. Do I have to leave it there?
- Can I keep claiming and filling prompts even if the prompts are from an old round?
- What if I find a prompt on Dreamwidth that I want to fill?
- Can I fill more than one prompt at once?
- Can I fill a prompt and also fufill an exchange request with the same story?
- Can I retroactively mark an existing fic of mine as a fill if I find a prompt that happens to fit it?
- Can I fill my own prompts?
- Are fills anonymous?
- I don’t even want the moderator to know who I am. How can I submit a fill truly anonymously?
- I forgot to add a de-anon request/I want to de-anon an old story. What should I do now?
- I submitted a fill with a “de-anon please” request. Why is my story still anonymous?
- I submitted a fill. Why isn't it up in the collection yet?
- Why do you read all the fills?
- I am writing a fill, but I’m not following the prompt exactly. Is this a problem?
- Is there any way to get in touch with an anonymous prompter?
Q: What do I do if I find a prompt I’d like to fulfill?
A: Press the claim button below the prompt. This will save the prompt for you under "My Claims," which makes your prompts easier to find and look up quickly as you work on them.
Q: Am I obligated to fill all the prompts I claim?
A: Definitely not. Claims are just to help you keep track of prompts you’re particularly interested in filling. You might never get around to any of them, and that’s totally fine.
Q: What if someone else has already claimed a prompt I’m interested in?
A: No worries! Go ahead and claim it again. We subscribe to the Two Cakes theory of prompt fills here.
Q: Are claims anonymous?/Can I see who claimed my prompt?
A: The moderator can see unfilled claims, but they’re chronological by claim date and totally unsearchable, so unless I happen to look RIGHT when you claim something, I’m not gonna know, and I’ll only find out if and when you actually fill the prompt. Nobody else can see claims though, so no, people who are not me cannot see who has claimed their prompt.
Q: How do I submit a completed fill?
A: When you have completed your fill, go to "My Claims" and click "Fulfill" to proceed to post it. You can also go to post a work as you normally would, then mark it as a fill for a claimed prompt during the posting process. Double-check AO3's Collections & Challenges FAQ if you have more questions.
Q: AO3 put the whole prompt in my author’s note. Do I have to leave it there?
A: No, you don’t! However, I really appreciate it if you put the title of the prompt or, better yet, a link to the prompt in your author’s note, just so I can easily check to see if they match. If you delete the whole prompt, I might have a pretty hard time figuring out which prompt you’re filling.
Q: Can I keep claiming and filling prompts even if the prompts are from an old round?
A: Yes, you are strongly encouraged to keep claiming and filling prompts for previous rounds of the kinkmeme! All rounds of the kinkmeme will be open to claims and prompts indefinitely.
Q: What if I find a prompt on Dreamwidth that I want to fill?
A: You can go ahead and fill it the classic way -- i.e. just anonymously post your fill under the Dreamwidth prompt -- and we can do the rest if you ask, which entails porting the fic itself over to AO3 and posting it anonymously on your behalf. Or you can ask me to port the prompt over here to AO3 first so you can claim it on AO3 and have the ability to respond to comments here anonymously and possibly de-anon the work at some future point under your AO3 username. (We do get a LOT of Dreamwidth crosspost requests, though, so it’s probably faster to crosspost the prompt yourself if you have an AO3 account already!)
Q: Can I fill more than one prompt at once?
A: Yes! If you have claimed more than one prompt, you can check multiple boxes in the Fulfill A Claim > Open Claims section of the work-publishing form on AO3. If you would like to see a screenshot, click through to this ask on the kinkmeme tumblr.
Q: Can I fill a prompt and also fufill an exchange request with the same story?
A: Absolutely! You should be able to mark the work off as both a fill for the MDZS Kink Meme and a fulfillment of an exchange or other AO3-based event. Just make sure to request a de-anon even if you’re participating in an exchange with a future author reveal. I need to de-anon you on my end or you’ll stay anonymous even after author reveals for the event! You can just say “kinkmeme mod, please de-anon!” to make it clear who you’re talking to.
Q: Can I retroactively mark an existing fic of mine as a fill if I find a prompt that happens to fit it?
A: Yes, as long as it’s actually a decent fit for the prompt!
Q: Can I fill my own prompts?
A: Sure! Filling your own kinkmeme prompts is a time-honored tradition. The act of writing out the prompt often gets the wheels turning in your own head, and before you know it you’re coming back with your own fill!
Some people also feel more comfortable publicly writing really out-there kinky idfic if they can point to a prompt that requests it...and there’s no shame in anonymously helping along the process by writing that prompt yourself ;)
Q: Are fills anonymous?
A: Traditionally, all fills on an old-style journal-based kink meme are anonymous. All fills on this AO3-based kink meme are anonymous by default, except to me as the moderator. You can make sure yours is published under your username by putting “de-anon please!” in your author’s note at the top of the fill. (Once it’s been de-anoned, feel free to delete the note!)
Q: I don’t even want the moderator to know who I am. How can I submit a fill truly anonymously?
A: You can use the anonymous submission box on the kinkmeme tumblr, @mdzs-kinkmeme. I will post the fill using the MDZS-kinkmeme AO3 account. However, I would suggest just making a new AO3 account. That way, I’ll technically know the username of the account, but that’s ALL I’ll know, and you’ll still have complete control over the story and be able to answer comments and view statistics.
Q: I forgot to add a de-anon request/I want to de-anon an old story. What should I do now?
A: Add a “de-anon please!” to your beginning author’s note, then contact me with a link to your story. Tumblr, twitter, and email are all fine, though my tumblr notifications are less reliable.
Q: I submitted a fill with a “de-anon please” request. Why is my story still anonymous?
A: I have to personally de-anon the fills, so if I’m asleep or not looking at my phone, I might not see your fill right away. If it was saved as a draft first, I got the notification when the draft was saved and won’t be notified when it’s published. I do check manually a few times a day on most days, but if it's still on anon after 24 hours, contact me!
Q: I submitted a fill. Why isn't it up in the collection yet?
A: I read all the fills before approving them to the collection, and sometimes several come in at once. I am a fast reader and sometimes I ask people on the tag team to help me, but unless I’m looking at your story right when it comes in, chances are good it’ll take a few hours. If it's still not up in the collection after 24 hours, though, contact me!
Q: Why do you read all the fills?
A: I answered this in-depth on the kinkmeme tumblr here.
Q: I am writing a fill, but I’m not following the prompt exactly. Is this a problem?
A: It might be! Check out this tumblr post for more on the subject. Basically, if you’re violating the prompter’s DNWs, your fill is off-target, and you will need to contact me directly to get it added to the collection without sending it to your prompter. But if you’re using an entirely different ship, you might want to try to get in touch with the prompter to see if they’re okay with that.
Q: Is there any way to get in touch with an anonymous prompter?
A: Yes, it’s just pretty janky: you fill their prompt, but all you put in the “fill” is questions for them about how they want their prompt handled. I don’t add these to the collection because the notification goes straight to the prompter as soon as you “fill” their prompt. I do not encourage doing this unless you’re planning to change something very fundamental to the prompt. For the most part, if you’re using the requested ships, vibing with the spirit of the prompt, and providing narrative equivalents to the prompter’s suggestions, it’s fine to just go ahead and write your fic—people are usually very happy to receive gift fic even if it’s not exactly what they expected.
- There are so many prompts! How do I search for the type of prompts I'm interested in?
- How do I use the Pinboard?
- Why are so many prompts not up on Pinboard yet?
- Why do you turn off prompt submissions for two days every week?
- What does the tag wrangling team do, exactly?
- Can I join the tag team?
Q: There are so many prompts! How do I search for the type of prompts I'm interested in?
A: Use the Pinboard! AO3's search function doesn't work on the kinkmeme feature yet -- it's not a priority for them because they're entirely volunteer-run and very busy - so we are doing it like kinkmemes run on LJ and Dreamwidth do it, which is by putting all the prompts on Pinboard manually.
Q: How do I use the Pinboard?
The link to the Google doc that explains how to get the most out of the Pinboard is here. Any future help docs will be available in the first tag bundle of the Pinboard, here.
Q: Why are so many prompts not up on Pinboard yet?
A: Because I have ADHD and I’m the only one who has access to the Pinboard, so even when the tag team has everything up to date in our shared upload spreadsheet, the Pinboard can be very out of sync with the actual kink meme. Sorry! Working on it!
Q: Why do you turn off prompt submissions for two days every week?
A: Because keeping up with the deluge of prompts can be pretty hard, and it’s nice to have days off to just not worry about them. I would like to make sure my tag wrangling team has room to breathe!
Q: What does the tag wrangling team do, exactly?
A: The tag team looks at all incoming prompts and tags them based on established criteria discussed in the Pinboard how-to doc linked above. Once they’ve got the tags sorted out in our massive color-coded spreadsheet, I copy them into the Pinboard tag box along with the prompt text and post it to Pinboard. We hang out on a discord server with the Dreamwidth mods. The roles are as follows:
- @reviewer: Thoroughly reviews already-tagged pages for typos and missing tags. You need to know a lot about the entire tag system and will probably need to ask a lot of check-in questions, but you can go as slow as you want.
- @category/character/ship: One of the two most urgent column sets to fill in. Good job for people who know how to use text shortcuts because there's a lot of tags to add, but doesn't require too much interpretation.
- @status/exclusions: “Status” refers to unclaimed, claimed, filled, and unfilled. Exclusions are how we get around Pinboard’s lack of exclusion filters and requires a good grasp of the exclusion tag system, which is a little counterintuitive.
- @setting/timeline/canon: Requires ability to read between the lines on vague prompts in order to suggest appropriate setting and timeline placement. Knowledge of how canon sources differ from each other is helpful.
- @kinks/content/tropes: Lots of people have this role so no one gets overwhelmed. Requires ability to recognize and name kinks and tropes. (What's figging? Felching? Omaroshi? You'll learn.) Requires getting familiar with our tag index and adding any new tags there.
- @types: Primarily about tagging who tops, who bottoms, who doms, who subs, who's alpha, and who's omega, but you also tag things like queer identities, non-canon gender variations, and notable types like vampire!, camboy!, and dark!.
- @dead doves: Our resident dead dove expert is in charge of helping dead dove eaters find dead doves to eat by making sure they're tagged appropriately.
Q: Can I join the tag team?
A: Very possibly! Contact me via DMs on Twitter or Tumblr if you’re interested. You will need a discord handle, a gmail account, and a strong stomach.