Welcome to Azure Week 2020, celebrating the pairing of Seto Kaiba and Anzu Mazaki/Téa Gardner from the hit series Yu-Gi-Oh! Run annually between the two characters' birthdays, during the week of September 16th to the 22nd, Azure Week features several themes to encourage you to write, draw, edit, animate, or otherwise create Azureshipping fanworks for your fellow Azureshipping Yu-Gi-Oh! fans to enjoy.
About Azure Week 2020 (azure_week_2020)
Welcome to Azure Week 2020 on Archive of Our Own, a celebration of the Seto Kaiba x Anzu Mazaki/Téa Gardner 'ship from Yu-Gi-Oh!
Azure Week takes place annually between September 16 and 22, halfway between the birthdays of Anzu Mazaki/Téa Gardner (August 18) and Seto Kaiba (October 25).
There are a total of 14 different themes you can choose from to use throughout Azure Week. You can choose 1-2 each day, or do only the theme(s) you're interested in. The idea is to utilize the theme(s) in addition to the characters Seto Kaiba and Anzu Mazaki, portrayed platonically as friends or romantically in a relationship.
Here are the themes:
- Warm by the fire
- Falling leaves
- Game night
- Something human
- Under the moon
- Excuse me
- The sound of waves
- Perfect blue
- Right place Right Time
You can try the theme randomizer for an extra challenge; it will give you one of 14 prompts from our selection, and you can choose to use 1-2 of them AND, if you want extra inspiration, use one of the Optional Yu-Gi-Oh! Elements (seasons/arcs of the series, which may include post-canon, Dark Side of Dimensions, the manga, and the Toei anime/Season 0, as well as a wild card): Try the randomizer!
The minimum word count for written submissions is 250 words.
Q. Are we required to do all of themes? Or do we have to do them in order?
A. Nope! You can choose to do any number of the themes during Azure Week, in any order.
Q. If I start something for an Azure Week 2020 theme, but don't finish it during Azure Week, is that okay?
A. Sure! Hopefully you can post at least a small portion of what you've done where fans can enjoy it and encourage you on, but the goal of Azure Week is to create more Azureshipping content, not to put pressure on you to make a certain amount during the week. If you happen to finish something after the week is over, please email me so I can add it to the Master List!
Q. Can I draw art/edit a video instead?
A. Of course! There are no official guidelines regarding art (you can do a single piece, a series, a 4-panel comic, an AMV, etc.), but be sure it's posted somewhere where others can access it, ideally without needing an additional account or to pay, e.g., DeviantART, Pixiv, YouTube, a personal website, Tumblr, etc.
Q. Why is this on AO3?
A. Because the main trouble with AO3 for the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom is that there aren't many people here yet, so hopefully this should encourage some new faces! Also they have a very cool function for challenges, including gift exchanges and prompt memes (though we aren't using one of the built-in challenges for this particular Azure Week).
Q. Which series is this for?
A. Any series in which you could feasibly feature Seto Kaiba and Anzu Mazaki/Téa Gardner together, even if it's through the perspective of other characters. For example: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, the Toei anime (Season 0), and the manga would be ideal, but you could feasibly do a post-canon series with them during the events of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, or even in 5D's.
Q. Where can I see other submissions that are not on Archive of Our Own?
A. Check out the Azure Week 2020 Master List on Blue Eyes and Apricots, the AnimeFanlistings.com-approved fanlisting for the Azureshipping pairing.
Thank you to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Mini-Exchange 2020 for inspiring this FAQ.
- This event celebrates the Azureshipping (Seto Kaiba x Anzu Mazaki/Téa Gardner) pairing from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series: the manga, the Toei anime, and the Duel Monsters anime. While you could feasibly create content about these characters from the perspective of someone in another Yu-Gi-Oh! series, this is not generally expected. As long as you stick to one of the themes and feature Seto and Anzu/Téa, you're good to go!
- Crossovers or fusions are certainly welcome. For example, you could turn Anzu into a Sailor Senshi from Sailor Moon, or have Seto Kaiba travel through time with Marty McFly from Back to the Future. As long as the pairing characters are central and recognizable, you are allowed to include other characters from any media.
- If you do not have an AO3 account, but would like to participate, please contact email@example.com to request an invite, or alternatively go through the AO3 invite page.
- The minimum word count for written submissions is 250 words.
- Please be friendly and well-behaved!
Thank you to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Mini-Exchange 2020 for inspiring these rules.