"A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away, George Lucas created Star Wars. And he looked at it and saw that it was good. And all was right in the world. But then, we saw that Obi-Wan doth look upon Qui-Gon with lust, and that Mr. Lucas was not likely to include that in the next movie, so we said screw it and wrote it ourselves, even though we do not make any money off of this. And all was right with the world."
-Keelywolfe, author, circa 1999, m_a mailing list
About Master Apprentice Archive (Master_Apprentice_Archive)
Importing stories: The easiest and best way to import and make sure the URL forwarding works when it gets turned on is to go here (once you are logged in with an account) and use the import tool. This will let you import up to 25 stories (works) at a time from the old archive with the coding intact.
Add to the collection: If you have works you have just imported or works already on the archive you need to add them to the collection:
1. Click on the icon next to your name to go to 'your homepage'.
2. Click on works in the left hand column.
3. Click on edit beneath the work title.
4. Scroll about 3/4s of the way down the page to collection under the Associations sub-head.
5. Start typing in Master_Apprentice. It should pop up as the first collection in the list. Hit enter so it fills in the line.
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom below the story text and hit post without preview.
7. That's it! It's now in the collection.
You can mass edit works on AO3 which should make it much easier to add to the collection:
1. Go to my works on the archive.
2. Near the top right it will say 'edit works', click that.
3. You can select works by fandom (this is probably easiest for you), co-author etc. Click the box next to the fandom name.
4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom, click edit.
5. Scroll down to nearly the bottom and there is a spot to add to collection. Type in master...and it should autofill.
1. History: This is the new home of the masterapprentice.org archive. Created in 1999, then supported in a number of homes since, it now will live here, at AO3, since January of 2014. Lori was archive owner from 2001 to 2019 and then it was transferred to squidgie.
2. We are OPEN to new stories. The archive was never limited to people who posted to the mailing list (onelist then yahoo). Please make sure to follow the rules listed below about the content that is accepted in the collection.
3. Import: Import of stories from the old archive are open to authors at any time. Import of works not imported by the authors will be done by maintainers and moderators starting in March of 2014. If you would like to remove your works after they have been imported, please feel free to do so - you can create an account to remove them, orphan them (our preferred option), or email the maintainer of the collection to have them removed. If you would rather not have your works imported at all please contact the maintainer, or email the address listed on the front page of the existing archive.
4. URL forwarding: Once import of the old archive is complete the links from the old archive domain (www.masterapprentice.org) will forward to the new AO3 URLs - this will most likely happen in the fall of 2014.
These rules were from the old archive and are the guidelines for this collection:
1. Underage explicit fiction (under 15) was not accepted at the old archive and will not be included in the collection here. If you add it, it will be removed by a moderator.
2. No RPF was accepted at the old archive so please don't include it in the collection here.
3. Crossover stories with characters other than Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan but played by the same actors are, however, quite welcome, as are 'alternative-universe' scenarios.
4. Character focus. Submitted stories must contain Qui-Gon and/or Obi-Wan and/or Anakin, or they will be turned down. No Qui-Gon/female, Obi-Wan/female, or Anakin/female erotic/romantic stories will be accepted, unless the story also contains a strong slash theme relationship.