The Elections season is in full swing! We have chats with candidates coming up soon. You can also find links to the candidates' answers to your questions at the bottom of this post.
There will be four public chats, all of which will last 90 minutes. Two of the chats will have 2 candidates in attendance and the other two chats will have 3 candidates in attendance. Chats will take place in our public chatroom.
They are scheduled for:
Saturday, July 30, from 13:00 UTC to 14:30 UTC – Michelle S, Natalia G, and Noemie B (What time is Chat 1 where I live?)
Saturday, July 30, from 21:00 UTC to 22:30 UTC – Heather M and Tiffany G (What time is Chat 2 where I live?)
Sunday, July 31, from 14:00 UTC to 15:30 UTC – Heather M, Natalia G, and Noemie B (What time is Chat 3 where I live?)
Monday, August 1, from 1:00 UTC to 2:30 UTC – Michelle S and Tiffany G (What time is Chat 4 where I live?)
During these chats, chat attendees will have the opportunity to ask the candidates questions not already covered in their platforms, bios, and Q&A, as well as to ask individual questions of specific candidates. New questions will only be accepted for the first hour of the scheduled chat time to make sure candidates have time to finish them all.
We hope that you can join us for one or all of these chats!
Please note that though the link to the public chatroom is already active, chatting capabilities will not be enabled until approximately half an hour before the chats begin.
Read on to learn more about using Discord.
- On the login page, you'll need to provide a screen name.
- Once you enter the server, you'll find a list of users on the right and a list of chat rooms on the left. Settings are available via the gear icon on the lower left, near your screen name; there you can choose, among other options, whether you prefer a dark or light chat room appearance.
- There are three rooms available to chat attendees who are not candidates or Elections Committee staffers: general, candidate_chats, and open_chat.
- General is where you'll find a list of rules for the chats. Please read through these carefully before entering the other two rooms.
- Candidate_chats is where the candidates will answer questions and debate amongst themselves. Only the candidates and moderator will be able to chat in this room.
- Open_chat is where all attendees can participate and talk to each other. We ask that you try to stay on topics related to the election. A moderator will be in the room, so if you have a question for the candidates, you can signal the moderator with o/, the candidate's name, and the question. Use o// if it's a follow-up question to the current discussion.
When we posted the Board candidates' bios and platforms, we asked the public to submit additional questions for them. Once again, our sincere thanks to everyone who did so! We have been posting groups of questions as the candidates finished them, and two have been posted so far. For the categories that have not yet been posted, the dates they will be posted are listed in parentheses.
To navigate answers by individual candidate, please use the links below:
The following is a list of the topics covered by the questions. Clicking on a topic will take you to the tag containing all the candidates' answers on that topic.
To read all the posts regarding Q&A, simply select the 2022 Q&A tag.
The Organization for Transformative Works is the non-profit parent organization of multiple projects including Archive of Our Own, Fanlore, Open Doors, Transformative Works and Cultures, and OTW Legal Advocacy. We are a fan run, entirely donor-supported organization staffed by volunteers. Find out more about us on our website.