Over the last month and a half, we've released several small batches of code fixes, including some improvements to help catch and ban spammers. Huge shout-out to the Abuse team for all their hard work - you are all heroes!
- Coders: Elz, james_, Nerine, Sarken, Scott
- Code reviewers: Ariana, bingeling, Elz, Sarken
- Testers: Lady Oscar, mumble, Sarken, Scott
- [AO3-4263] - Site admins, e.g. Abuse personnel, can delete references to external works (created by bookmarking non-Archive URLs); however, they couldn't do so from the main list of external works. Now they can.
- [AO3-4264] - We cleaned up the menu of buttons that site admins can use to edit external work bookmarks.
- [AO3-4265] - When admins hid a bookmark, they got an error 500 (even though the bookmark was successfully hidden). They now receive a more helpful message.
- [AO3-4287] - The option for deleting news posts wasn't where our admins expected it to be, so we added a Delete button to the posts themselves and to the post editing form.
- [AO3-4338] - Trying to edit an existing bookmark to add it to a non-existent collection now gives an informative error message rather than Error 500.
- [AO3-4344] - Suspended/banned accounts can no longer create collections.
- [AO3-4347] - There was an Uncategorized Fandoms option in the fandoms menu for collections, but collections do not have Uncategorized Fandoms pages. We removed the menu option.
- [AO3-2439] - The < and > signs were getting stripped out of skins, making it impossible to use immediate child declarations in one's CSS. It is now possible!
- [AO3-4340] - Add the ability to use the shape value for clip or x or y rotate values for transform when making skins.
- [AO3-4345] - In the skin Reversi, the explanatory line "You may have mistyped the address or the page may have been deleted." on the Error 404 page had minimal contrast, making it hard to read. This has been fixed.
- [AO3-4329] - Now the number of memcached servers we use can be configured dynamically.
- [AO3-4348] - We no longer use Coveralls to identify gaps in test coverage.
- [AO3-4351] - We made a number of changes to the way we deploy code to the Archive.
- [AO3-4352] - Due to a hardware problem, we have temporarily removed ao3-front02 from the pool of servers that run the Archive. We also updated our deploy script to reflect the fact that we temporarily removed one of our servers.
- [AO3-4292] - The advanced Works Search had very strong opinions about how date searches should be capitalized, and wouldn't return the correct results if you dared to search for 2 Weeks or 2 WEEKS instead of the lowercase 2 weeks. We fixed it so now you can even search for 2 wEeKs if the mood strikes.
- [AO3-4322] - We were trying to close an
<h3>HTML tag with an
</h4>tag on works pages. That didn't work very well, so we changed it to
- [AO3-4337] - Updated the link on the Tag Wrangling Tools page to reflect the fact that we switched from Google Code to JIRA as our issue tracker.
- [AO3-4360] - Even though the logged-in homepage doesn't show how many fandoms, users, or works the Archive has, we were still running the database query to count those items. This made the servers sad, so we stopped doing it.
- [AO3-4363] - We fixed a potential security issue which could have opened user accounts to malicious phishing attempts.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.