TER/MA, an X-Files slash fanfiction archive, is being imported to the Archive of Our Own (AO3).
In this post:
- A bit of background explanation
- What this means for creators who have work on TER/MA
- And what to do if you still have questions
TER/MA, short for Truly Erotic Ratboy / Mulder Association, was a popular early archive for fanfiction for the slash pairing of Mulder/Krycek. It's moving to the Archive of Our Own so that it can be available to the widest possible audience for the longest possible time, no longer reliant solely on one person to maintain the server and archive website.
Open Doors will be working with the moderator, alice ttlg, to import TER/MA into a separate, searchable collection on the Archive of Our Own.
We will begin importing works from TER/MA to the AO3 after January.
We will send an import notification to the email address we have for each creator. We'll do our best to check for an existing copy of any works before importing. If we find a copy already on the AO3, we will invite it to the collection instead of importing it. All works archived on behalf of a creator will include their name in the byline or the summary of the work.
All imported works will be set to be viewable only by logged-in AO3 users. Once you claim your works, you can make them publicly-viewable if you choose. After 30 days, all unclaimed imported works will be made visible to all visitors.
Please contact Open Doors with your TER/MA pseud(s) and email address(es), if:
- You'd like us to import your works, but you need the notification sent to a different email address than you used on the original archive
- You already have an AO3 account and have imported your works already yourself.
- You’d like to import your works yourself (including if you don’t have an AO3 account yet).
- You would NOT like your works moved to the AO3.
- You are happy for us to preserve your works on the AO3, but would like us to remove your name.
- You have any other questions we can help you with.
Please include the name of the archive in the subject heading of your email. If you no longer have access to the email account associated with your TER/MA account, please contact Open Doors and we'll help you out. (If you've posted the works elsewhere, or have an easy way to verify that they're yours, that's great; if not, we will work with the TER/MA mod to confirm your claims.)
Please see the Open Doors Website for instructions on
We're excited to be able to help preserve TER/MA!
- The Open Doors team and alice ttlg