Actions

Work Header

Super Genius Breeding Subject #005

Summary:

Xander Harris is not actually a Harris. He is the result of a secret military super genius breeding program. However, when he turns 16 they considered him a failure so they kidnap him to use as leverage against Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.

Authors Note: This takes place midway through season 2 of Buffy, but the timeline has been jumped so it takes place after Age of Ultron.
Also, Pietro didn't die. I refuse to accept that he was too slow to avoid those bullets.

Chapter 1: Kidnapping

Chapter Text

Xander sat back in the chair in the library and grinned at Giles and the girls, “Well I’m going to have to go home early. My uncle, Thaddeus, is in town. I haven’t seen him in almost six months.”

“Oh! Can I come with? I miss him!” Willow perked up.

“Sorry Wills he said he’d hang with us both on Monday. He’s got a surprise for me today, said he was going to take me somewhere special. Even told me to pack my bags for a weekend.”

“Oooh! Get me Souvenirs!” Willow grinned.

“Souvenirs? Where do you think he’s going?” Buffy asked curiously.

“Don’t know. Last time he took Xander somewhere they went to Washington DC and the time before that they went to Germany.” Willow nodded

“Well, that sounds educational.” Giles stated.

“It is he’s a military history nut. He takes me to all the old battle sites and teaches me about them.” Xander, “He tries to take me on a trip once a year. He’s only missed one year since I was five and that was because he got sick and our trip was late in the year.”

“Well then, go on. Don’t be late for your trip.” Giles smiled, “And do tell us about it when you get back.”

Xander grinned brightly, “Of course! And I’ll have souvenirs for everybody!” He grabbed his backpack and then hugged them each before heading out, back to his house. This was one of the very few times he wasn’t afraid to go back to his house. His parents always behaved when Uncle Thaddeus was over. He bounced up to his house and saw a new car in the driveway. His uncle must have gotten here early.

“Uncle Thad!” He called out as he hurried inside.

General Thaddeus Ross looked up from his conversation with Tony Harris. “Xander, My boy! How was your day?” He got up and enveloped Xander in a tight hug.

“It was weird. Cordelia actually smiled at me today.” Xander pressed into the hug. “Willow’s excited for Monday when the three of us will hang out too.”

Thaddeus laughed and shook his head, “She’s so excitable.” He let go of Xander and took a step back.

Xander was about to start talking again when a shiver ran down his spine. Before he could react his shoulder was grabbed and a needle was shoved into his neck. All he could think as blackness overcame his vision was ‘Why?’