Actions

Work Header

The Hostage

Summary:

Percy thought it would just be a fun trip to central park with his mother, see the sights, and a visit to the muesum, but things turn to the worst when he is kidnapped by the House of Life to be used in a plan to shut the Egyptian Gods up for good. Can his friends save him?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter Text

For the first time in months Percy Jackson didn't have to worry about a prophecy or any other life and death situation, and he was glad of it. In fact everything was quiet, it had been awhile since he had to fight any monsters, and he was glad for it. He thought it would be an average weekend at home catching up on some of his homework, daydreaming of his girlfriend Annabeth, but his mom had different plans.

"Come on Percy, we haven't spent a day together in the longest time," Sally Jackson said, "we can go to Central Park and the museum, come on it will be fun." Sally had been after him for weeks for the two of them to do something together before he left for Camp Half-Blood for the summer.

"Alright, I'll go with you," said Percy, he was feeling really guilty. After the Battle of Olympus, he had been trying to have a normal life again, but in the process he hadn't been spending a lot of time with his mother. So he felt like he owed it to her, since she was the coolest mom every, he would do his homework later.

"Great, I heard that the museum near Central Park has an amazing collection of Egyptian artifacts, the death mask of King Tut is on display for the week," said Sally "it's on a world tour before being shipped back to the museum in Cairo. It's the first time in 20 years that it has been in New York"

"Sounds fun", said Percy. I

If only he knew what was about to happen to him would have ran away from that museum as though all the Furies were after him. But alas fate was to be cruel to young Percy Jackson.

Egypt, First Nome.

Michel Desjardins was in a bad mood, the plan to seal all the Egyptian gods away again was not working as planned. He just didn't have enough power to do it, not even if all of the magicians in the First Nome together had enough power to take on the Gods. When the Gods were locked away in the first place, the House of Life was filled with magicians and they had defeated the Gods easily. But it had slipped a lot since then. They received only a handful of new magicians each year to come train, the other Nome's had reported the same thing. The only way to seal the gods away again was to have power like the gods. That was when the wheels of fate started. An idea struck Desjardins, why not use the powers of gods but just not Egyptian.

Desjardins knew that the Greek gods where still powerful. But how would he make them do his bidding, when he remembered one of their weaknesses. Desjardins knew about demigods and how much their parents cared, even when they weren't supposed to show it. He was smart enough to realize that his idea went against the ancient treaties concerning the Egyptians and the Greeks, but it was a risk he was willing to take. If he could kidnap enough demigods he could force the Greek gods to do his will. Only then could he finally have the Egyptian gods back to where they belonged, the Duat, never to be heard of again.

He turned to Mel, who was waiting to tell Desjardins his reports about the new recruits that had been brought in. "Mel, get me in contact with the magicians in the Twenty-First Nome," said Desjardins with a cruel smile on his face.

Mel immediately dropped his reports and began to chant a spell on the large mirror, opposite of Chief Lector's desk. While Mel was contacting the other magicians, Desjardins thought of his plan. He had to get all of his bases covered, or else the gods could kill him and then take back their children. He will have to scare the gods into thinking that he would kill the demigods, which wasn't a bad idea. One less demigod in the world was fine with Desjardins. But how could he control the demigod's powers while he had them. Some demigods were very powerful. Then he remembered the perfect solution, the Collars of Duat. The collars were meant to hold a prisoner, making sure they couldn't use their powers, often causing large amounts of pain. If they put the first demigod they captured into one, then it would scare any other demigods they captured into not doing anything stupid.

"The conference is ready, Chief Desjardin" said Mel.

"Good" said Desjardins, who turned to face the glowing mirror, a young man's face could be seen in it.

"Farid, it's good to see you, the Kane's haven't been giving you trouble?"

"No, everything is quite on the western front, the Kane's haven't been around much, but I have someone watching them 24/7" said Farid.

"Excellent, that will help with the job I want you to do, this is important Farid. The very future of the House of Life depends on it, do you think you and your men are up to it?" Desjardins said.

"As a magician of the House of Life, it is my duty to respect your wishes and serve you, Chief Lector, I am your vassal, do with me that you please" said Farid.

Desjardin smiled, if only all of his people where this loyal. "Farid, I need you to begin capture of demigods immediately. The first one you capture, put it in a Collar of Duat, and make sure you send a message to the Greek Gods, do you think you can do that?"

"Yes, in fact there is one now in Central Park, my men picked up his power mark, he is a very powerful demigod," said Farid.

"Good, start with that one, and Farid, DO NOT FAIL ME, conference over." The mirror in front of him dimmed, reflecting Desjardins face. He realized Mel was still there.

"Mel, start preparing the dungeon for our demigods guests."

"Of course, Desjardin," said Mel quickly as he left.

Desjardin leaned back in his chair, he loved it when a plan came together, but this was just the beginning. Soon all of his troubles with the gods will be over, and with that the Kanes as well.

"Well Julius, you might see your children sooner then you thought," said Desjardin aloud laughing. He sat back and waited for Farid's message to come.

Farid POV

Farid spotted the demigod almost immediately after entering the park. He was surprised that the demigod was all alone in public. From what he could tell, this boy was very powerful; power seemed to roll off of him in waves. But he was calmly sitting next to an older woman enjoying a picnic lunch in which everything was blue, from blue sandwiches to blue cookies with matching blue blanket, cups, and plates.

Farid studied the boy; he was average height with black hair with just a streak of gray in it and sea green eyes. Farid couldn't get over how normal the boy was acting.

He and his men followed both of them as they walked; Farid noticed that the boy patted every horse that the duo came across, getting a distracted look on his face. Something clicked inside Farid's head at that moment, he knew which god this demigod belonged to, Poseidon, god of the sea, and creator of horses. That would explain all the blue, and the obsession with the horses. He reached into the Duat and pulled out a collar, putting spells of deserts and the sun into the collar. If he was right then this would leave the demigod powerless. Even if he wasn't the power of the collar would keep him quiet.

He couldn't believe his luck when the duo went into the museum, it was just too perfect, it was if Fate was smiling on him. If he could capture the boy in the museum, he could use the portal in it to send them to the First Nome. He ordered his men forward, eager to complete his task. Farid only regretted he only having half of his men. The others were chasing down other demigod energy's in the city. If all went well, they would have five demigods within the hour, before the gods could stop them. But, he couldn't shake the feeling that this was wrong. He tried his best to ignore it, the Chief Lector had trusted him personally with this assignment, he couldn't fail.

Percy POV

Percy was enjoying himself at the park. His mother had packed a delicious picnic lunch, making everything blue, which he loved. It was a beautiful day in New York, the sun was out and the sky was blue.

Although it was a weekend the Park was not overly crowed like it had been in the past. He and his mom walked the paths talking about school, and over things. They stopped every time they passed a horse.

"Hey my Lord, would you like a ride?" They all asked, Percy had to graciously tell them no, telling them his mother and him were in no hurry and giving them a pat on the shoulder. Percy was glad that they didn't push him into riding, they respected him too much to do that.

The back of his neck prickled constantly, like someone was looking at him. But whenever he turned around, there was nobody there. He just shrugged it off, as his mom dragged him into the museum, catching the beginning of a tour.