Actions

Work Header

The Greatest Thing

Summary:

In the end, it's the relationships that define who we are. Love had always come instinctively to Rose. Everyone else is just trying to catch up.

A much darker take on Steven Universe dealing with very human problems in very human ways. The magical alien bit can make the show seem a little flighty at times but its themes, family, love, and acceptance are what draws in the viewers of all different ages. I wanted to see how that could be reflected in a mature version of the story meant for older readers. If I'm even a half decent writer then hopefully you'll cry, laugh, be outraged, and get all warm and fuzzy at the end.

Chapter 1: Intro

Summary:

This page is where I post story updates. It's not an actual chapter but if you're ever wondering what's going on with the story check this page. If I'm still updating this page the story is still alive.

Updated February 15, 2019

Chapter Text

Mission Statement 

1) I want to tell a human story, not just about cartoon characters, but of the deeply human themes of life, love, death, sorrow, hope, compassion, family and community.
2) I want to portray my protagonist as a fully human character -- and not some kind of cardboard saint, devil, or clown. I want to write a character that is relatable in their flaws, strengths, struggles, and triumphs.
3) I want to advance the conversation about common experiences among marginalized peoples through fanfiction.
4) I want to elevate fanfiction into an art form that rivals literature but can be appreciated on its own merits
7) I want to improve my writing and entertain my readers

 

 

 

Life Notes - Holy shit I hate re-writing. I don't why I can't accurately estimate how long it takes me to do stuff. However I long I think it's gonna take i should just double it. Good news is I got a job. Bad news is I only have enough energy to write on weekends. 

Also, I don't know why the publishing date says that but it's incorrect. This story was first published August 2017 but as usual Ao3 is doing weird shit I don't understand. 

 

 

Anyway, without further ado...on with the show.

Sunset by J-chan33