Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2016-08-15
Completed:
2016-09-24
Words:
15,865
Chapters:
8/8
Comments:
2
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
1,190

A change of life

Summary:

Roses mom died in a car accident. Now she has to live with the best friend from her mom, Jane. Rose had a troubled past and just wants to forget everything. Since her mom died, she gets nightmares. Rose tries to makes the best out of everything.But what if her moms death wasn't an accident? What kind of things will reveal? All-human. DimitrixRose story

Chapter Text

Chapter one A new life

I looked out of the window from the car. The roads weren’t interesting and I was bored as hell. Even the radio broke on the way. An old friend of my mom picked me up to bring me to my new home. That was somewhere near North Caroline. I honestly didn’t know the name of that town. I was happy that i didn’t have to go back to New York. My past was troubled by many things and i just wanted to forget. Even it was just for a moment. I saw this as a new chance, to start over. I didn’t leave anyone behind. I used to be a bit lonely in school. I was 17 and I had to go to a new school. It was a well known Private School. I picked this school because I wanted to apply for Yale. I was afraid that things might turn bad again. What if there were all mean to me? I wished my mom was still here. But she died in a car accident a few days ago. She always had the ability to calm me down, she knew me so well. I’ve never known my dad, he left us when I was only two years old. So I only have vague memories of him. I really wanted to puch him in the face for leaving us like that.

‘ROSE!’ jane said interrupting my thoughts.

‘Huh? O, sorry Jane’ I said.

‘What are you doing? I called you’re name like a thousand times. You didn’t respond and you are sitting next to me.’ she said with a look of worry in her eyes. Jane was my moms best friend when they were younger. I met her about one year ago when she and my mom met after a while. I was going to live with her. My mom gave her custody in case she would die. And that happened.

‘Nothing’ I responded.

‘Rose. Don’t give me that nothing is wrong look. I know you, okay. You can tell me anything.’ she looked at me when she said this.

‘I don’t want to talk about it’ I said.

‘Rose, please. Maby i ca-‘ she tried again.

‘I don’t want to talk about it, okay?!’I snapped. I sounded very angry and almost screamed. Sometimes it was hard for me to keep myself calm. I’ve been through so much lately and I hated that people were always worried about me.

‘Calm down, I just want to help’ she replied. I moved my head to the window and sighed. I grabbed my ipod and headphones out of my bag. I clicked on the first rock number that was in the top of my playlist.

I shouldn’t have snapped at Jane. I have to admit I had a lack of selfcontrole and I took my anger out on other people sometimes. From all the people I knew, I was closest with Jane. I couldn’t bare losing her too.

The music relaxed me for a little while, but after a couple of minutes I started getting stressed again. I’ve had that a lot lately. I decided to try to get some sleep. I was up for already more than 24 hours. I had a lot of nightmares since my mom died. I looked for a comfortable position to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and hoped for a dreamless sleep.
‘Rose, we are here’ Jane whispered. I opened my eyes and looked up at here confused.

‘How long did i sleep?’ I asked.

‘Uhm, I think it was about 6 hours. Almost the whole drive.’ Jane started to walk to the door from the house. The house was huge, had a black roof and grey stones. It was beautiful.

‘Jane..’ i started. She stopped and turned around to look at me.

‘Yeah?’

‘I am sorry about earlier. I wa-‘

‘It’s okay’ she interrupted me ’I know where you are going trough. Losing your mother is not easy. She was my best friend. It is okay, Rose. Really.’

‘Thanks.’

‘No problem. I’m always here for you if you ever need me.’

‘I promise I will’ I said.

‘Good. Now, get your bags out of the car and come inside. I will show you around.’

She handed me the keys and I openend the trunk. I only had one big bag and one small. This were all my belongings I wanted to keep. The rest just reminded me of what I’ve lost. I grabbed the bags and locked the car. I walked to the frontdoor and entered the house. ‘Jane, where is my room? I want to put my bags there.’ I shouted.

‘Just put them in the hallway. That will come later’ she shouted back. After I put my bags in a corner so no one would trip over it, I walked over to the livingroom. It was big. There was a big, black tv. Opposite from the television there was a white couch and a table in between. There was also a bookshelve with so many books in it. I don’t really like reading but this made me curious. ‘Nice house, huh?’ jane said from behind. I made a weird, little jump. ‘Gosh Jane, don’t scare me like that’ i said trying to sound angry but that failed. I had a small smile playing on my lips. ‘Do you still feel for the house tour?’ she asked. ‘Yeah, come on.’

After she showed me around and put my bags in my room i started unpacking. I fowlded my clothes again and laid them in my closet. When I was done with that, I unpacked my photos and placed them on my nightstand. It were a few photo’s with me and my mother.
I felt my eyes stung and put it back in my bag. It took much from me not to cry. A few minutes past and I felt better. I walked back to the livingroom where Jane was sitting on the couch watching TV.

‘Hey, since school is starting tomorrow I am going to bed’ I said. Yes, school is already starting tomorrow and it’s a private one, everyone will know i am the new kid. I wasn’t very excited for the next day.

‘Yeah,I guess you are right.’ She walked over to me and hugged me tight. ‘Goodnight.’

‘Goodnight, Jane’ I jawned

When I was in my room again and dressed into my PJ’s I threw myself onto the bed. I shifted a couple of times and then closed my eyes. It took along time for me to fall in sleep. And then the nightmare started.

I saw my mom standing on a higher level of ground. Her back facing me. I wanted to walk over to here but i couldn’t. My feet didn’t want to move. My mom took a step further away from me. That is when i saw the cliff for the first time. She took another step closer to the cliff. I still couldn’t move. She took again another step. One more and she would fall. I tried to scream but my voice was to thick. Out of a sudden a girl with long, brown hair appeared behind my mom. Also her back was facing me. Before I could realize it she pushed my mom.