Actions

Work Header

And the winner is....

Summary:

Based off of "All Hail the Mighty Omega" by katiedid
Definitely read her story! It's super good!
*August 8th update: here is the link for katiedid's story http://archiveofourown.org/users/katiedidarchive/pseuds/katiedidarchive

Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamics but based off of katiedid's version. In this story, her version is the basis. But I changed the plot and relationships. In my story/katiedid's :
*Omega's are rare, but at the top of the chain.
*Over 65% of the world are betas. 20% are Alphas and 15% are Omegas.
*Omegas tend to have multiple partners, and have entire litters to help with the world's population.
*Alpha's will want to care and comfort their Omegas during their heats, and will go to extraordinary means to do so.
*Betas aren't influenced by their natural instincts, and are level headed to make sure the Alphas and Omegas stay in line.
*Only compatible Alphas and Omegas will give off pleasant scents to each other.
*Heats and Ruts can be uncontrollable, but won't hurt the person.
I'll try to write smut but I'm not very good. Oh well ;)

Notes:

Chapter 1: Prologue (ish)

Chapter Text

Since the dawn of time, there were three types of humans. Alphas, Betas, and Omegas.

Alphas and Omegas were driven by their natural biology to breed. Alphas went into ruts, and Omegas had heat cycles. Betas weren't driven by pheromones, and were often referred to as in-betweens. Most of the world's population were Omegas and Betas. But every few centuries, a blood moon would change something in our DNA. With that changed, our social structure also changed.

In the 1800's, when the blood moon yet again changed our DNA; female alphas had a lower rate of normal pregnancy. Not many female alphas were around then anyway. Religious cults saw them as "ungodly creatures". From what was in the history books, not many female alphas outed themselves, and kept hidden.

The latest blood moon occured in 1983. That's when a drastic change happened. Until that night, the world's population were omegas ans betas. Until that night, alphas were the top dogs. Looking down upon betas and just treating omegas like sex objects. Until that night, omegas were scared to leave their homes without some kind of suppresants. But after that night, the entire social structure of the world changed.

A series of changes happened within the days after the blood moon. The first, involved everyone on the planet. Some people's designation changed, which caused their scents to change. Divorce rates sky rocketed (mostly between betas); domestic issues between couples increased; and the production of omega suppressants decreased dramatically. The second change involved the omega population. Specifically the male omega population. Almost every male omega developed a lethal anal cervix virus that killed off 95% of the male omega population. The major drop in the population caused a worldwide panic. The panic brought on the third change, omegas became the top dogs.

Omega used make up 40% of the world population. Now they only totaled up at 15%. Soon the public realized how important omegas were. The omegas still alive, were more fertile than ever. This caused them to produce entire litters of children. Omegas began to be praised in society; alphas were on the bottom. Just crazy, smelly, pheromone driven nut jobs.

Beta/Beta relationships were the norm, now that they were 65% of the population. But the norm changed as well. Before the blood moon, an omega and alpha chose each other; then they both mated and bonded with a bite on the scent glands in their neck. That meant that no other alpha could smell when that omega was in heat. Now, an omega could choose multiple alphas, and maybe a beta or two into their brood. In most relationships, there were at least 4 partners. Betas usually ended up with another beta, but they were important to society. They kept alphas in their place when an omega was in heat, and they were often the most sought after for jobs. Since their employers wouldn't have to give a week off every month or two to compensate for a heat/rut occurring.

The world adjusted, and in a few decades, society worked just fine again.