01. Bells for Her / Tori Amos
So they went, years and years,
like sisters. Blanket girls,
always there through that and this.
"There's nothing we cannot ever fix," I said.
02. There Is No Other Way / Stephen Sondheim
The word stops, the heart dies.
The wind counts the lost goodbyes.
There is no other way.
03. The Crane Wife 3 / The Decemberists
And under the boughs unbowed,
All clothed in a snowy shroud,
She had no heart so hardened.
04. All Because of You / Grey Eye Glances
In a silence so deep,
There's a secret that I keep--
All because of you.
05. Make Them Hear You / Flaherty & Ahrens
And I could not put down my sword
When justice was my right.
Make them hear you.
06. Pacing the Cage / Bruce Cockburn
Powers chatter in high places,
Stir up eddies in the dust of rage,
Set me to pacing the cage.
07. Drought / Vienna Teng
And the taste of dried-up hopes in my mouth,
And the landscape of merry and desperate drought.
How much longer, dear angels?
Come break me with ice;
Let the water of calm trickle over my doubts.
08. A Gate into the Stars / Somei Satoh
09. Adventures in Solitude / The New Pornographers
Sleeping for years, pick through what is left--
Through the pieces that fell and rose from the depth,
From the rainwater well deep as a secret nobody knows.
10. The Verdant Mile / Tracy Grammer
I didn't want to burn like this, so close to the bone;
no muscle left to carry it, this black bag of stones.
It's a black bag.
11. Fingernail Moon / Annie Lennox
There's something unsettling under my skin.
I don't know the reason or where to begin,
Caught in the circles I've found myself in,
But I want to reach out and touch you.
12. After All / Dar Williams
'cause for every price
And every penance that I could think of,
It's better to have fallen in love
Than never to have fallen at all.
13. Learning to Be Human / Allison Lonsdale
Hold on--we go back to the beginning;
Hold out--we continue to the end.
Hold up the burden of your worthiness;
Hold fast, and you will come home again.