All in all, Natasha thinks, it's pretty unlikely that she and Barton would have ended up working together, considering the way they met. Also, the Hawk has a certain reputation. Yes, he's competent, yes, he's perceptive, yes, he's someone you'd want at your back in a fight, but it is Natasha's impression that 85% of agent want to strangle him, and the remaining 15% has not worked and/or slept with him before (that number is shrinking). Of course, a 100% of her new co-workers don't trust her for shit, but that is a perfectly natural, even healthy reaction. Considering. Natasha is glad she wasn't working for fools.
"So, how old are you, really?" Barton's voice cuts into the comm.
"It's rude to ask a lady about her age," Natasha says lightly.
"What, like, a thousand?"
Well, OK, maybe she is just glad she's alive.