Actions

Work Header

A New Future

Summary:

What if Robin's mother fought back? What if everything changed?
Inspired by chrobinprompts.tumblr.com and written by hansononhorses.tumblr.com
THIS IS
The New Plegia AU!

Disclaimer: I don't own any of this. The characters are either created from FEA or from the mind of hansononhorses.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Escape

Chapter Text

Moon light filled the halls of the Plegia castle, creating shadows on the walls. All signs of life in the castle were gone as everyone was asleep in their beds. Everyone, minus two people that moved quickly down the halls as fast as they could. One was a man in his early twenties with a small, dark beard covering his chin. He was a good foot taller than the other person with him and also well-built, his muscles being seen from underneath his travelling cloak. The other was a woman with long white hair pulled back into a tight ponytail behind her head. She had warm brown eyes, a small nose and had the hood of her long coat covering her head so no one could make out her silvery hair. The two were moving as fast as they could while still staying as quiet as possible.

“Milady, we need to hurry.” The man said, his voice low so that only she could hear him, for they never knew who was listening.

“I know, Mustafa. If you have to, leave me behind and keep going.” The woman said. The man, Mustafa, shook his head and shot the woman an angry look.

“I could not do that to you Lady Morgana. It wouldn’t be right.” He muttered. Morgana didn’t say anything for a few minutes as they kept moving, starting to pick up their pace some.

“Did you send Gangrel ahead?” Morgana asked as the two got closer to the large wooden doors of the palace.

“Yes Milady. I sent him ahead of the others. He came back saying that Khan Flavia has secured an escape route for us and that Lady Tiki is waiting at Port Ferox for us. Khan Basilio is waiting just outside of the city.” Mustafa answered.

The woman gave a nod and helped him quietly push the door open. It made a soft creaking noise that caused both of them to freeze. They looked around making sure no one had heard it before slipping out and into the city. They ran faster than they thought was possible, not caring if anyone heard them anymore for they were far from the castle. As Mustafa had said, Khan Basilio was waiting for the two less than a mile from the city, three Wyverns beside him.

“Took you two long enough!” The West Khan muttered, handing the reins of a wyvern to each of them.

“Sorry, Basilio. My dear husband took a bit longer to fall asleep than normal.” Morgana grunted, disgust was clear in her tone as she stepped up onto the back of the Wyvern. Mustafa gave a snort, trying to hide his laughter at the small woman’s choice of words. Basilio shook his head, a faint smile on his lips.

“Well, anyway. We need to get moving. The others are waiting and I can tell you now that Sallya is really starting to get on Flavia’s nerves.” The west khan said. Morgana gave a groan and she shook her head.

“She’s threatening to hex people again isn’t she?” The woman asked. Basilio nodded and muttered something about people turning into frogs before having his Wyvern take off into the sky. Mustafa followed after a minute or two, making sure that the Khan was high in the air before he took off. Morgana was the last one to depart from the city. She had waited for a few minutes after her friend had left before following close behind. As the bells in the city rung out the midnight chimes, the woman looked down at the place she was leaving behind. The city that she loved so dearly and the man that she hated with a passion. The night breeze gently blew the hood off of her head and playfully tossed her hair around behind her. She closed her eyes and tried to prevent tears from rolling down her face.

“Everything will be alright soon. I will make things right. I promise.”

 - 

“Morgana! Thank the gods you’re alright!” Flavia’s voice boomed around the port city in Ferox as the three slid off the Wyverns with ease, thankful to be on solid ground again. It was still dark and they didn’t have more than a few hours until the sun started to rise. Morgana gave the woman a kind smile as the Khan gave her a near bone crushing hug.

“I won’t be if you plan on breaking my bones.” The white haired woman chuckled and Flavia quickly released her.

“Those men that you sent here, how did you get them here without Validar knowing?” The east Khan asked. Morgana gave another smile and tilted her head slightly.

“You mean half of his army? Please. My husband may be smart but I’m smarter. I sent groups of men out at random times to do random things. Or at least that’s what they were told to say if anyone asked that was in league with Validar. What they were really doing was heading here and waiting for the time when the other generals and I would leave the city.” She explained and Mustafa nodded in agreement.

“Validar didn’t know the men weren’t returning. He was too focused on his plans with the Grimleal.” The man said. He glanced at Morgana. A grimace had found its way to her lips and her hand was placed gently on her stomach.

“Really? How could someone not notice that half of your army is missing?” Flavia asked, slightly dumbfounded.

“There’s a lot of things he doesn’t notice.  Still occupied with his herald.” Morgana muttered. She shook her head slightly and nodded to Flavia. “Let’s get moving shall we? We don’t want the others to wait any more than they have.”

“Yes. We don’t want Sallya to come through with those hex promises of hers, no matter which people deserve it.” Flavia muttered and lead them through the city and towards a small inn. Many soldiers, both Plegian and Feroxi, were patrolling the streets. Though the Plegian soldiers wore Feroxi uniforms so as to not be discovered by any Grimleal that may have found their way into the city. When Morgana and Mustafa walked into the small inn, a blur of black and purple filled her vision as she was tackled into a hug. Many roars of laughter rang around the room and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes as she already knew who it was that was clinging onto her.

“Sallya, let go of me. I’m fine.” Morgana said, a smile on her face as she tried to pull the dark haired woman off of her. Sallya let her arms drop from around the woman as she took a step back, a small frown on her face as she looked Morgana over.

"You sure? That horrible man hasn't harmed you or anything has he? If he has I swear I'll hex him to death." Sallya said, her voice taking on a dark tone.

"Don't worry Sallya. Milady is perfectly safe. However, we are wasting moonlight and I'm not sure about these two, but I would personally like to get some sleep sometime before the sun rises once again." Mustafa said.

Basilio gave a grunt of agreement and Morgana was led over to a large wooden table, covered with a map of the major continents. Many other familiar faces sat there, all standing when the woman came closer to the table. What drew Morgana's eye, however, wasn't the large map resting on the table, but rather the empty chair that was left when the four sat down.

"Is someone missing? I don't see Periander and Angeline here and where has Gangrel gotten to?" She asked, confusion crossing her face. There was silence for a while before Sallya spoke up.

"We got a message earlier in the day from them. Unfortunately they can't help you in person because there's some people still angry about the war that their parents started. However, they are sending us supplies and they offer the man that brings them. Aversa went to help escort him so no harm came to him. Gangrel is-"

"Right here! Don't get worried over little old me!" A young voice yelled out, interrupting Sallya's words. All eyes moved towards the door where two men and a woman stood.

"Sorry we're late milady. SOMEONE took a wrong turn and got lost heading to the border of Ylisse." Aversa said, shooting a glare at Gangrel.

“Hey!  We wouldn’t have been lost if you hadn’t lost your darn pegasus!” Gangrel responded, getting on his tip-toes to look Aversa in the eye.

“Anyway, your highness, here’s the man the Ylisseans sent.  His name’s Libra.” Aversa responded, not bothering to respond to Gangrel’s statement.

“A pleasure to meet you,” the blonde monk said, bowing to the Plegian queen, who nodded in agreement.

“Good.” Morgana said as she sat down at the table, the rest of her force sitting down with her.

“We all knew this day was coming.  It’s time to take our country back!” Morgana said, voice raising to the cheers of the tavern. “Now, before Mustafa and I pass out from exhaustion, I just need to check that everyone’s here.”

Glancing around the room, the queen said, “Sallya’s here.  How’s Henry?”

“Good,” the sorceress responded, sidling up beside the queen.  “His parents almost sent him to that awful magical boarding school if I hadn’t interfered.”

“Interfered how?”

“Well, let’s just say Tharja has a younger brother now.”

Groaning in response, Morgana continued.  “Aversa and Gangrel are finally here, which is good. The Feroxi khans are here.  Is Lady Tiki still asleep?”

“Aye, milady,” Flavia responded around her mouthful of ale.  “Has been since near sunset I reckon.”

“Good,” Morgana nodded, “She’ll need her energy for the coming battles.  Are Gregor and Nowi here yet?”

“Not yet,” Sallya said.  “Gregor mentioned something about slavers taking Nowi again and he had to give chase.  He’ll definitely be back by tomorrow evening with the manakete in tow."

“Good.  And Libra,” Morgana said, looking at the monk, “Can you take Gangrel under your wing for a bit?  He needs a little help with his staff, if you know what I mean.”

As the group guffawed and Gangrel blushed, the queen moved on.

“Some logistics, now: we need supplies.  Write down what tools and things you need, and I’m sure Libra came with a few stacks of gold and vulernaries for our task, right?”

Libra nodded, throwing a few cloth bags on the map, gold clinking across the Valmese border.

“Good.  Get a good night’s sleep.  We’ll all need it.”

With a quick salute, the rest of the group either went out to find a tavern to stay or upstairs to their rooms.

“Mustafa,” Morgana started as he began to leave.  “You know I’m going to fight, right?”

“No you’re not, your highness.” Mustafa said, turning around.  “Not with the baby you’re not.”

“But I need to fight!  This is my battle!  My fault for starting Validar on this dumb path thinking his child will be Grima’s vessel…”

“And if you or the child get killed before its time, I won’t be able to live with myself.  Not after what happened with Marina…”

“I know.”

“Promise you won’t fight?  Just command from the rear?”

“I promise.”

“Good.  Get some shut-eye, your highness.”

“Did you just order royalty?”

“Hmph.”

As Morgana went upstairs to find her room, one thought pervaded her mind -

‘Here goes everything.  For my country.”