Actions

Work Header

Process of Elimination

Summary:

His dad chooses the worst alphas. That point has been proven repeatedly.

So Tony has made it his mission to find the perfect alpha for his dad.

Notes:

If you're not familiar with the series, reading The Rose Without Thorns and I Love You If No One Else Does will catch you up.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Chelsea

Notes:

Howard is only nineteen in this chapter.

This chapter contains no dialogue.

Chapter Text

Tony was only three years old but he knew an asshole of an alpha when he saw one. The woman sitting by his dad on the couch, kissing him, was definitely an asshole.

It was night; Tony was supposed to be sleeping but when he heard someone knock on their apartment door, Tony crept out of bed and cracked open his bedroom door just in time to see Chelsea kiss his dad's cheek and walk in.

Tony didn't like her; she wasn't good to his dad.

She called him names.

She hit him.

She made him cry.

Tony knew just how to get her out of their home.

He feigned tears and ran out his room, screaming for his daddy. His dad immediately pushed her away and scooped Tony into his arms when his son ran up to him. Chelsea was pissed but she didn't say anything. The last time she tried, she quickly learned that nothing comes between Howard and his son.

His dad asked what was wrong and Tony lied, saying he had a nightmare. He told his dad that he was too afraid to fall asleep again. His dad did exactly what Tony expected him to do; he told Chelsea she had to leave. She got so angry that she growled at his dad, scaring him. Tony could tell by the shiver that went through his dad's body. Tony jumped out his arms and growled back, throwing a remote at her face. He knew his growl wasn't strong enough or intimidating but he didn't care. A point had to be made. No one scared his daddy without repercussions. She barked something at Tony but his dad stepped between the two of them. He yelled at her and told her that it was over because he wouldn't be with anyone who couldn't get along with his son. He told her to leave. She huffed but walked towards the door.

Mission Accomplished.

When she left, his dad picked him up and hugged him, apologizing for bringing a bad alpha into their lives. He said he would try to never bring a bad alpha around them again. Tony was glad. He didn't like to see his dad mistreated or abused. He loved his dad too much even if no one else did. Even if his dad didn't love himself.

His dad took him back into his bedroom and tucked him into bed. He sung a lullaby to Tony until he fell asleep.