1) Fred and George were born on April first, 1978. While only Muggles really celebrate April Fools Day, they still embrace their birth day as a day of chaos. Because of this, and quite a few visits to St. Mungo’s, they haven’t been allowed to have a birthday party since they were seven.
2) The nicknames Gred and Forge were invented at the tender age of five, because Percy couldn’t tell them apart on the brooms and got so confused that he mixed up their names.
3) Fred loves spiders, mainly because their mom hated them, and that’s why he transformed Ron’s teddy bear into one. The reason Ron’s Puffskein was used as a Bludger was because it had eaten the tarantulas the twins had captured.
4) Fred and George wanted to Beaters from the moment they learned about Quidditch.
5) Like all twins, Fred and George have brother wands with two cores. Fred’s is Silver Fir, 10 inches, pliable, with an Augurey feather and Fwooper feather core. George’s is Spindle Wood, 13 inches, somewhat bendy, and also contains an Augurey feather and Fwooper feather core.
6) The twin’s favorite sibling is Charlie, as, when they were younger, he was old enough to do the things they weren’t allowed to and he was the Quidditch Captain their first year at Hogwarts. Their second favorite, and the one most likely to follow in their steps, is Ginny.
7) Fred and George met Lee Jordan on the train first year when they were looking for an empty compartment. The Muggleborn had set up a pail of water over the door to ensure his privacy and managed to drench both redheads. They have been fast friends ever since.
8) Fred and George have always been able to read each other’s thoughts.
9) The twins think that Harry needs more laughter in his life, and go out of their way to amuse him- whether it’s by sending him a toilet seat, teasing him about being the Heir of Slytherin, or just goofing off.
10) Fred was ecstatic when he was told there were giant spiders living in the Forest and immediately went off to see them. George had to drag him back to Hagrid’s and make an antivenom potion.
11) No one else knows it, but Fred is the more ruthless twin. The Hat offered to place him in Slytherin, but he declined in order to stay with George. Neither can understand why the Patil twins agreed to go into separate Houses.
12) Fred and George actually wrote both of their names on each slip that they tried to put into the Triwizard Cup, hoping to be co-champions.
13) The night that Voldemort returned, Fred and George swore to support Harry, above Dumbledore even, no matter what he chose to do.
14) The six O.W.L.S. they earned were for Charms, Transfiguration, and DADA, and Potions, Herbology, and DADA. Neither of them prepared at all, and actually could have achieved more had they bothered to study.
15) George kissed Fred first, when they were both fourteen, in the Quidditch locker room after Fred was hit by a Bludger in the Ravenclaw game. They’ve been together since. Only Lee, Angelina, Katie, and Harry know.
16) Quite a few of their Wheeze ideas come from the Muggle cartoons they watched when they were younger on the television that Arthur had set up in the garage.
17) The twins discovered that their fireworks would explode when stupefied quite by accident when one batch came out slightly wrong. Needless to say, they were ecstatic.
18) Through booming sales and clever investments, the twins managed to more than triple Harry’s Triwizard winnings. They set up four Gringott’s accounts: one for their parents, one for the shop, one to pay back Harry, and one for Ginny.
19) The attack on Diagon Alley, July 3rd, 1998, was unexpected. The appearance of both Voldemort and Harry Potter in the battle, was unexpected. The sight of Order members pouring from the Weasleys’ shop armed with vicious pranks, was unexpected. Fred jumping between Lucius Malfoy and Harry, taking a Crucio and then an Avada Kedavra for the savior and giving him time to kill Voldemort, was unexpected.
20) George killing himself the next day, was not.