Actions

Work Header

oh, Berlin.

Summary:

You can't spend the rest of your life running away from people. You can try and promise them a better future without you, it just won't happen. Bits of memories compiled from Montgomery Scott and how he tries to forget Leonard McCoy (only to have him show up in his life later).

Notes:

I have a partner I'd like to dedicate this to, sweet_georgia_peach. She and I often bounced ideas off of each other over Leonard McCoy and Montgomery Scott's far underrated ship. She is the Bones to my Scotty.

Chapter 1: (prologue) courage of stars.

Summary:

Every story has a beginning.

Chapter Text

Within the span of the past forty years, they’ve met but parted on various terms.

Let’s recount. 

The first? David McCoy contacted the Scott’s in 2227, urging them to come and visit the new baby. So that’s what they did. Monty was only four at the time, and he was terrified because taking the shuttle across the Atlantic ocean was a terrifying concept. 

He grew to like it after an hour of being on it, staring at the parts of the shuttle in awe. 

They stayed for a few days, and within that time Monty saw the baby. He wasn’t old or strong enough to hold him, but he did grab a few boxes to stand on–to look into Leonard’s crib. 

"His name is Leonard. Leonard Horatio McCoy," Len’s mom stepped into the room and patted Monty on the shoulder, before cautiously crouching down to Scotty’s own level. "You ever had a sibling?"

Monty shook his head, looking somewhat disappointed. “I think I will, maybe.”

"You want to spend a few minutes talking to him?"

"He won’t talk back."

"But maybe he’ll wake up!" 

She left the room, and Monty sighed. 

"Hi there wee baby."

Leonard opened his eyes, only a little bit and started to cry. This only sent Monty into a panic–thinking he did something wrong. His mom came in and just picked up Len, mentioning it was feeding time. 

At least that was a little bit of clarity.