Actions

Work Header

Centuries

Summary:

Dave was not quite sure why the memory of when he was four, maybe five, sitting on his father's lap while he told her a story suddenly flooded his head, but only held fast to her.

"I'll see you again, will not I?" - Asked the boy with a lump in his throat.

"Honestly, I do not know, son." - Stiles replied as he scratched his beard.

"You will not leave me for long." - He tried to keep his voice strong, but it was not working too well.

"Dave ..." - The man took a deep breath. "Just promise me that if anything happens you're going to run. Do not try to go back. Just run. And obey." - Stiles warned.

The boy was about to protest but did not. And both father and son found themselves in painful silence.

Notes:

I hope you enjoy the story, it is my creation with a friend, we are crazy many, so do not call if the story seems good without notion, good reading puppies <3

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

Dave was stuck. He seemed to have seen a Basilisk. Completely petrified. He wanted to believe he was dreaming. That he was trapped in a nightmare.

But he was not.

In front of him was his father, who held an indecipherable expression, his arms crossed at chest level, and stared at him with those amber-colored eyes that he silently longed to have inherited from him.

"How is it?" - Dave asked in a tight voice.

That's right. You're living with your Uncle Scott in Beacon Hills.

"But, father! This is crazy !!! NOW? We are in the middle of the semester pussy! And why now? You never let me visit Uncle Scott on vacation or holidays." - He tried to counter the boy.

"I have my reasons, boy, and I have to remind you who the father is here?" - Stiles replied quietly, but his eyes were clouded.

Dave found it better to hold back and take a few deep breaths.

"Dad, it's not fair! I finally managed to become a featured player on the school's Lacrosse team and also have Rebecca and my 16th birthday is already coming ..." - was clearly annoyed and irritated.

Stiles continued in the same way, calm and composed. Something that was simply incomprehensible to Dave since he did not believe that people could always be '' zens ''.

"One day you'll understand, son." - Stiles reached up to affectionately squeeze his son's shoulder. "You'll be able to stand out, I know that. You're the best at what you like. Your mother would be very proud."

And he smiled. Shy.

Dave found himself petrified a second time. He had never seen such a smile. And he never heard his father make any comment about his mother.

"So ... Beacon Hills."