1 - 20 of 1,235 Bookmarks

Pages Navigation

List of Bookmarks

  1. Tags
    Summary

    In which Tony Stark ditches a boring party, makes an addition to the household staff, throws a much better party, and tries not to sexually harass his new butler.

    Or,In which Thomas Barrow has a little trouble getting home from the pub, is generally unimpressed with many aspects of the 21st century, never thought of himself as a conservative dresser before, and may or may not be falling in lust with his new employer.

    tl:dr: Thanks to time travel, Thomas Barrow becomes the Avengers' butler.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    87,671
    Chapters:
    3/3
    Comments:
    322
    Kudos:
    4,121
    Bookmarks:
    1,235
    Hits:
    62,546
  2. 17 Mar 2024

    Public Bookmark

  3. 17 Mar 2024

    Public Bookmark

  4. 10 Mar 2024

    Public Bookmark

  5. 07 Mar 2024

    Public Bookmark

  6. 01 Mar 2024

    Public Bookmark

  7. 29 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

  8. 26 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

  9. 26 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

  10. 18 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

    Bookmark Tags:
  11. 11 Feb 2024

    Rec

    Bookmark Notes:

    I fucking love this fic.

  12. 09 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

  13. 01 Feb 2024

    Public Bookmark

  14. 15 Jan 2024

    Rec

    Bookmark Notes:

    I can't. This is perfect. Oh my god. How the hell is this so perfect? Concept to execution, the whole damn thing.

    It got so many laughs out of me, but it didn't shy away for a second from deep, wonderful character work. Barrow is so beautifully captured – really makes me remember why I loved Downton for those couple of seasons I did follow it – and Stark's flaws are as present and important as they are worthy of understanding. This is three incredibly lengthy chapters that didn't even begin to overstay their welcome, and while I might've liked a little more at the end when I was enjoying the third chapter's focus so thoroughly, it was also nothing short of satisfying.

    The only thing I might warn people off on account of is one of the same things the author does: you have a person from the past with the cultural mores of their time coming along for the ride with them, and for all that I personally found myself enjoying Barrow working past them, I can see it turning some folks off. What was particularly interesting to me, though, was that he wasn't the only one finding himself in a position of needing to do so over the course of the story, and this fact had the interpersonal conflicts and the character work in multiple spots dovetailing expertly.

  15. 15 Jan 2024

    Public Bookmark

  16. 21 Dec 2023

    Public Bookmark

    Bookmark Tags:
  17. 10 Dec 2023

    Public Bookmark

  18. 10 Dec 2023

    Public Bookmark

  19. 09 Dec 2023

    Public Bookmark

  20. 06 Dec 2023

    Rec

    Bookmark Tags:
    Bookmark Notes:

    Bookmark My Bookmarks
    Rec
    *
    Tony Stark Meets an Extremely Unimpressed Time Traveler, or, Thomas Barrow Makes a Surprisingly Good 21st Century Butler by Alex51324

    Fandoms:Downton Abbey, The Avengers (Marvel Movies)
    Teen And Up Audiences
    No Archive Warnings Apply
    M/M
    Complete Work
    22 Jan 2014

    Tags
    No Archive Warnings ApplyThomas Barrow/Tony StarkThomas Barrow Tony Stark Steve RogersTime Travel Butlers Crossover

    Summary
    In which Tony Stark ditches a boring party, makes an addition to the household staff, throws a much better party, and tries not to sexually harass his new butler.

    Or,In which Thomas Barrow has a little trouble getting home from the pub, is generally unimpressed with many aspects of the 21st century, never thought of himself as a conservative dresser before, and may or may not be falling in lust with his new employer.

    tl:dr: Thanks to time travel, Thomas Barrow becomes the Avengers' butler.

    Language: English Words: 87,671 Chapters: 3/3 Comments: 320 Kudos: 4,054 Bookmarks: 1,219 Hits: 60,806

  21. 28 Nov 2023

    Public Bookmark

Pages Navigation