Teen Wolf Holidays 2014: a multi-ship gift exchange for Teen Wolf fandom! :D
(Open, Moderated, Unrevealed, Anonymous, Gift Exchange Challenge)
About Teen Wolf Holidays 2014 (tw_holidays2014)
Teen Wolf Holidays: A Fic Exchange Festival
tw_holidays is an anonymous fic exchange featuring the characters and cast of Teen Wolf. This exchange allows you to sign up and make a request for specific themes, scenarios, kinks, and all things Teen Wolf-related that you want featured in a fic, and another writer will then take those requests and write a story for you! Because this is an exchange, you will also be assigned another author's request, and you will be the one to write for them based on what they've requested.
TWHols is an anonymous exchange, meaning that although you will know who you will be writing for, you will not know the identity of the one writing for you until the end of the fest. Please keep everything hush-hush until reveals happen!
Can I help?
YES. Please spread the word that TWHols is back in business! We want people to participate in all the fun, and they can't do that if they don't know about us. Feel free to use the graphics to advertise if you like.
Does the fic I write need to be Christmas-themed?
Not unless your recipient explicitly states they want a Christmas-themed story and will accept no substitutes. While the exchange takes place in the midst of several late fall/early winter holidays, you should not feel limited to writing or requesting stories that involve any of them. (Conversely, if that's something you think you'd like to see explored, feel free to do so within the restraints of the request!)
I need further clarification about my recipient's likes and/or dislikes. Who do I contact?
We are encouraging all participants to write a Dear Author Letter and include a contact person for this exact purpose in it. If your recipient does not list a contact or you feel uncomfortable using said person to learn more, let us mods know and we'll take care of it.
Where do I sign up?
AO3! We will post instructions on signups in the near future!
Where do I sign up to pinch-hit?
Bless you. We will create a post sometime after assignments go out where you can sign up to be a pinch-hitter. Please consider the amount of time you will need to complete your first assignment before signing up for this; we will not use you as a pinch-hitter until we've received a completed fic for your original recipient.
I have other questions!
If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment here or email us at email@example.com.
1. The minimum word count per story is 1000. There is no maximum cap. The final story you submit MUST be complete, however; no works in progress will be accepted in this exchange.
2. Your fic should not be a part of a previously written series or a sequel. It MUST stand alone.
3. Please have your fic beta-read and edited prior to final submission. The mods will do a brief sweep of each fic to see if you fulfilled your recipient's request, but we will not check your spelling or grammar. If we notice any major issues with the story, we will ask you to fix them and resubmit.
4. Write your fic based on the information with which your recipient has provided you. You don't have to include all of their requests or prompts, but please exercise good judgment and be conscientious while writing. Try to avoid including any squicks and/or unwanted pairings mentioned in the request. If you're unsure about the direction you're going in, email the mods for clarification! If you anticipate not being able to fulfill any of the requests in the assignment you receive, contact the mods ASAP so we can work something out quickly and to everyone's benefit.
5. Please do not post your fic anywhere (including your LJ/tumblr) until after the reveal to keep the identities of the authors anonymous and to keep the spirit of the exchange intact.
6. Watch the official tumblr for news, clarifications, and reminders as we go along!