(Open, Unmoderated, Gift Exchange Challenge)
About Rare Pair Fest 2015 (rarepairfest2015)
Welcome to Rare Pair Exchange 2015
This is our fourth multi-fandom Rare Pair Exchange.
1. This fest is to celebrate rare pairs in ALL fandoms. Canon or non-canon pairings are welcome.
2. For the purpose of this fest, a rare pair will be defined as a pairing that has less than 250 COMPLETED works of 1000 words or greater. Fandoms of any size are welcome.
3. All fics have to be a minimum of 1,000 words. There is no maximum word count. Art can be computer- or hand-drawn and must be complete (no rough sketches). Manips are not allowed as standalone art, but can be included with a story or art.
4. Pairings can also include threesomes/moresomes.
5. You must have an Archive of Our Own (AO3) account to participate. If you do not have one, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you would like us to send the invite.
6. Nominations - Before signups, we will have a nomination period for people to pick fandoms and relationships that they would like included in the exchange. Each person can nominate five fandoms and six pairings per fandom. Please only nominate fandoms that you plan to offer or request. Crossover nominations are welcome. Please nominate them under the fandom "crossovers - Fandom" and include in parenthesis the fandom for each individual in the pairing.
Real person fiction (RPF) may be nominamed with the following caveats:
a.) Nominated characters must be 18 or older.
b.) Living non-famous persons may not be nominated (for example, someone's wife or child).
7. In your signup, do not imply rank for pairings or otherwise specify a favorite pairing. You can edit/delete your signup until signups close.
8. Requests - Signups must include 3-6 fandoms from our list of nominated fandoms, and participants must pick 1-10 relationships from each fandom. For each request you must choose if you want fic, art, or both. You can also choose to request "any" nominated pairings in a given fandom. While the description section is optional, we strongly suggest you include squicks/dislikes. Other things to consider are the inclusion of general likes, rating restrictions, prompt ideas, or anything else you’d like the writer to know. However, please remember that these are optional for the person assigned to you. If you have a lot to say, consider linking to a letter in your own journal with the extra details (like with Yuletide).
9. Offers - You must offer between 3-10 fandoms with between 1 and 20 pairings per fandom. For each offer you must choose if can produce fic, art, or both. You can also choose to offer to write "any" nominated pairings in a given fandom. Only sign up for fandoms you are comfortable creating fic or art for.
10. Assignments - You will be matched on fandom and pairing alone. You don’t have to write the fandom/pairing you were matched on if something else listed the person requested interests you. The only requirement is that the fandom/pairing is one requested and no squicks (if supplied) be included. While it is not required, if possible use one of the requested prompts if provided. While the author will not be bound by the scenarios, creating something that blatantly disregards the recipient's likes/dislikes will not be accepted.
11. If you have a problem with, any questions about, or cannot complete your assignment, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
12. This is an exchange fest, which means you must produce a fic/art for someone else. If you withdraw, it is harder for everyone involved. So please, think carefully if you have the time before signing up. If you withdraw and the person assigned to create something for you withdraws, you will not be assigned a pinch hitter. If you discover after signing up that you can't finish your assignment in time, contact us as soon as possible.
13. In the event we have issues matching someone, they will go out as a pinch hit right away. You can find the pinch hits here https://groups.google.com/group/rare-pair-pinch-hits.
14. Due to the nature of this fest, it is hard for extensions to be given. If you know you are going to default (not turn in your assignment by the due date), but can't finish your assignment before reveals, please contact us immediately and send us your unfinished work. Stories that are obvious placeholders (random text, no text, stories under 1000 words, etc.) at the time assignments are due will be rejected. If you don’t have anything started, do not contact us, or only have an obvious placeholder up at the time assignments are due, your assignment will automatically go up for pinch hits, and you will not be able to participate in the next fest unless you produce a full length treat before signups for the next round start.
Retroactively, if you defaulted on a previous round at the time assignments are due, you're welcome to participate this year if you complete a full length treat before signups for the next round start.
15. You are welcome to continue editing your story between the time assignments are due and reveals.
16. Treats (stories/art created for someone that you are not assigned) are welcome and encourage. You don't have to signup to create treats. Treats may be any length/medium.
1. NO WANK! Be respectful. Please realize that everyone has different likes/interests/dislikes.
2. Submissions may be any rating.
3. Submissions may be slash, het, femslash, or any combination of the aforementioned.
4. Betas are not required but strongly encouraged. Submissions with excessive spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors will be rejected. If your submission is rejected for this reason you can resubmit it after you've corrected your mistakes. We will have a beta sign up post for those that will need one.
5. As this is an anonymous exchange, do not post your story anywhere else or reveal your recipient to anyone until authors are revealed. After reveals you are welcome to post anywhere.
6. Stories must be written specifically for this exchange and can’t have previously been posted somewhere and can't be part of a previously posted series.