A Festivus for the Rest of Us!
The Hockey Festivus is a holiday mini-exchange designed to be a low-key complement to other holiday exchanges running at this time.
(Closed, Moderated, Gift Exchange Challenge)
About Hockey Festivus 2015 (hockeyfestivus2k15)
A Festivus for the Rest of Us!
The Hockey Festivus is a hockey RPF holiday mini-exchange designed to be a low-key complement to other holiday exchanges running at this time. It is gen-oriented, but het, slash, femslash, and poly pairings are all welcome!
In keeping with Festivus tradition, this exchange encourages the use of Festivus poles, Dinners, the Airing of Grievances, Feats of Strength, and Festivus Miracles (loose interpretations welcome), though these may or may not actually involve Festivus.
- Nominations October 14 through October 21 | Nominations are now closed, but here is the tag set.
- Sign-Ups October 22 through November 1 (end 9PM US Eastern Time)
- Assignments Sent Out November 7 (possibly earlier if matching is quick)
- Assignments Due December 19 (at 9PM US Eastern Time)
- Stories Revealed December 23 (Happy Festivus!)
- Authors Revealed December 30
Who's driving this thing?
That would be me, theladyscribe!
What exactly is Festivus?
Festivus (the holiday) is a spoof holiday created by the TV show Seinfeld in 1997 as a parody of and secular alternative to Christmas. It takes place on December 23 (hence the reveals date) and traditionally features a Festivus Pole, a Dinner, the Airing of Grievances, Feats of Strength, and Festivus Miracles. You can learn more about Festivus at Wikipedia.
Festivus (the fic exchange) is a low-key hockey RPF holiday exchange designed to be a complement to other holiday exchanges running at this time. The minimum word count is 500 words, so people who have other obligations (either fandom-related or non-fandom-related) can participate without having to hit a large word count.
Wait a minute, isn't there another hockey holiday exchange running?
Yes, there is! It is the Hockey Holiday Exchange, and you can find out more about it on their tumblr and their AO3 profile. Both exchanges know about each other, and we've made sure our due dates do not coincide.
I want to pinch-hit, where do I sign up for that?
Pinch-hitters are always needed and always welcome. You can sign up to do that by joining the Hockey Festivus Pinch-Hitters List!
I have another question you didn't answer here. How can I reach you?
You can email me at hockeyfestivus [at] gmail.com or contact me via the ask box at hockeyfestivus. Please do not contact me via my personal account, as those asks will be ignored.
1. You must write a complete story of at least 500 words based on one of the characters your recipient has requested. There is no upper word limit. You are not required to write only for the character you matched on and may choose to write for a character your recipient requested but you did not offer.
2. If you want to write additional treats for your recipient or your friends, you may do so. There is no word count minimum on treats.
3. Requests and stories involving Patrick Kane are not permitted.
4. Stories do not have to be holiday- or Festivus-themed.
5. Optional details are optional. However, please keep in mind both your recipient's Likes and Do-Not-Wants. If you find that you and your recipient have a serious incompatibility (such as they have requested a personal trigger), please contact me ASAP and I will do what I can to accommodate you.
6. Dear Author Letters are not required but are encouraged. You can find public letters/requests here.
7. If you need to drop out for any reason, please do so as soon as possible. This makes it much easier for me to find a pinch-hitter.
1. Nominations will run from October 14 to October 21.
2. You may nominate up to 5 characters in either Hockey RPF or Women's Hockey RPF. You can keep track of other people's nominations on the nominations page.
3. If you want to nominate a character who does not currently have an AO3 tag and are having difficulty, please contact me at hockeyfestivus [at] gmail.com.
1. You must request 4-6 characters from the nominated tag set. A full list of the nominated characters is here.
2. You may include prompts, likes, and do-not-wants (including possible pairings) in the Details, but please remember that optional details are optional and your writer is not obligated to follow prompts exactly.
3. You may also include a link to a Dear Author Letter, but it is not required to do so. You can choose to post your Dear Author Letter publicly by filling out this form.
4. Anyone found to include Patrick Kane in their optional details will be asked to modify their sign-up. Failure to do so will result in removal from this exchange.
5. Please make sure that your requests are entered the same way they are listed in the tag set, especially if they do not autofill.
1. You must offer 5-10 characters from the nominated tag set. A full list of the nominated tags is here.
2. Offers will not be matched based on ratings, warnings, or pairing categories.
3. Please make sure your offers are entered the same way they are listed in the tag set, especially if they do not autofill.