A collection for fanworks created for the bandom_meme community on Dreamwidth
About The All Bandom Prompt Meme (bandom_meme)
This community wants to provide the kind of prompt meme you know and love from other fandoms. We wanted a bandom prompt meme on Dreamwidth, and since there wasn't one, we created bandom_meme.
Q: What bands are considered part of bandom?
A: Any band that has some kind of association with the Core 4 bands (My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship). We usually just call it 6 Degrees of Pete Wentz. But remember the more obscure your band is, the less likely your prompt will be written. It might help if you link to picspams, fandom overviews, or YouTube videos if it's someone not generally known.
Q: What happens to prompts once the round closes?
A: We only want one round to be open at a time, so if the round closes before you have a chance to post your fill, then just repost the prompt in the new round (you can list it as a REPOST in the subject if you'd like).
Q: Can I comment with a prompt or a fill anonymously?
A: Yes. It's not required, though. Anonymous commenting has been turned on and IP tracking is off for those who prefer being anonymous.
Q: If I'm logged into my DW account, how do I comment anonymously?
A: Click on reply. Click on Other Options under the comment text box. Chose the radio button for Anonymous. Enter the text of your comment. Hit post. Ta-da!
Q: How do I know when people post new prompts or fills?
A: Track the post. Click on the bell icon at the bottom of the round post. It will give you the option of being notified by email when someone either post a new entry to the community (which will be mod posts or new round posts) or to be emailed when someone comments on the post. Or you can choose More Options for well, more options.
Q: What needs to go in the subject line? What about warnings?
A: It would be nice to see PROMPT or FILL in the subject line. Pairings are useful, titles are nice. As for warnings, we require warnings for non/dubcon, underage, death, graphic violence. Please use your discretion with other warnings. If you have concerns about potentially triggering material, please tread through the meme carefully.
Q: Is there an AO3 (Archive of our Own) collection for bandom_meme?
A: Yes. You will find it here. Please feel free to add your fills to the collection.
1. All bandom bands are allowed. If you stray beyond the "core" bandom bands (let's call them the six degrees of Pete Wentz) it might take longer for someone to fill your prompt.
2. Cross-overs are welcome & encouraged.
3. Prompts can be left anonymously, but it's not required. Same goes for fills. IP logging is turned off and anonymous commenting is on.
4. You can leave any kind of prompts, from general prompts like "Ray gen" or "Pete/Patrick kidfic" to kinks (knifeplay, anyone?). Use your own discretion when browsing the posts.
5. A round will run for two weeks. A post will go up and you'll be able to submit prompts & post fills in the comments. After two weeks, we'll compile the list of fills and post a new entry. Lather, rinse, repeat.
6. When posting prompts or fills, please make use of the subject lines.
7. When posting fills, we require the following warnings: non/dubcon, underage, death, graphic violence. Please use other/more warnings at your own discretion.
8. Fills can be anything, from fic to podfic to graphics. Any type of fanwork is acceptable. Prompts can have more than one fill.
9. The meme can only work if there are people leaving prompts and filling them! You are not required to post a fill if you leave a prompt, but please remember to check the prompts once in a while to see if there's anything that sparks you.
10. If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to contact your mods, eledhwenlin and akamine_chan.