(Closed, Moderated, Unrevealed, Anonymous)
The Narnia Fic Exchange is an annual anonymous fic exchange, similar to Secret Santas and other fanwork gift exchanges.
Participants submit a request, with prompt ideas such as characters, situations, and themes. The mods match these requests with another participant, who then writes the requested fic. All participants receive a fic based on their request/prompt. The authors are anonymous until all the stories have been posted.
Please read this thoroughly before signing up for the exchange.
Requests and prompts
-If you're requesting a fic, it's assumed that you're willing and able to write a fic in return. Sure, life may throw surprises and emergencies at you, but remember that someone is taking the time to write you a fic, so let's pay it forward.
- You can request a fic about any canon character. You can request bookverse, movieverse or AU stories. This is a exchange for the characters in Narnia, not their actors, so no RPF prompts, please. You are allowed to ask for crossovers as well, but be considerate and offer an alternative, in case your writer doesn't know the other fandom.
-You can be as detailed or vague as you want when filling out your prompt. Your assigned writer will do their best in fulfilling your wishes, but remember, no writer thinks the same.
Writing and submitting
- The fic you write must be at least 1000 words in length. You are more than welcome to write longer fics. The only requirement is that the story is complete by the deadline.
- Please do not discuss your assignment publicly. This is an anonymous fic exchange, and having the writer/recipient stay anonymous is part of the fun!
- Stories must be beta-read before being turned in. Remember, this fic is a gift for someone, and you want it to be the best it can be. We will have a post in the LJ comm if you are seeking a beta.
- When your fic is finished, you can upload it to the collection any time before the deadline. We will post links to tutorials on how to upload, if you need assistance.
- The stories will be revealed daily the mods, with only the person it was written for being revealed. At the end of the posting time, all authors will be revealed. Please don't post or acknowledge your story anywhere else before the exchange is over.
-And always, always remember to say thank you! Someone has taken time to write you a fic! Please remember to thank your writer for their effort.
Deadlines, Extensions, Dropouts
- We want this to be a fun exchange for everyone, and we want everyone who writes a fic to receive a fic. If you sign up to participate, we expect you to turn in your story by the due date. We have posted all the important dates, and we expect you to be able to stick to them.
- That said, we understand about life's surprises and emergencies. And we understand too, that sometimes you're just not able to write the story, for whatever reason. And that's okay! No reason to feel bad about any of it - we understand that it happens, and you're not going to be penalized for dropping out. The only thing we ask is that you let us know if you have to drop out, so we can find someone to cover your story. If the deadline comes and you haven't turned in a story, we'll find a pinch-hitter to cover your assignment.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.