This is a gift exchange for pairings which have fewer than ten complete fics (or fewer than five contributing authors) on AO3.
(Closed, Unmoderated, Gift Exchange Challenge)
About Fandom Growth Exchange 2015 (FandomGrowthExchange2015)
Nominations close: August 7th at 11:55 PM UTC
Sign-ups open: August 10th at 11:55 PM UTC
August 23rd at 11:55 PM UTCAugust 24th @ 11:55 AM
Assignments sent: August 29th at 11:55 PM UTC
Assignments due: October 31st at 11:55 PM UTC
Works revealed: November 6th at [TO BE DECIDED]
Authors revealed: November 11th at 11:55 PM UTC
(To find out what these times are for you, use this converter. Use Coordinated Universal Time - Reykjavik to compare to your time zone.)
- A relationship qualifies for the exchange if it has no more than 10 complete, English-language fics or no more than 5 contributing authors on AO3.
- A fic only counts against the relationship if it's the main relationship of the fic.
- You can nominate both gen and romantic relationships. To nominate gen relationships use &. To nominate romantic relationships use /.
- Threesomes (or moresomes) are also welcome.
- You may nominate a fandom without nominating a relationship for it. However, that fandom must meet the same requirements as a relationship: fewer than 10 complete fics or fewer than 5 contributing authors.
- You can nominate a relationship under a general fandom (i.e. Marvel Cinematic Universe) or subfandom (i.e. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), but the relationship must qualify under the fandom you nominate it.
- This means a relationship nominated under Marvel Cinematic Universe might not qualify, but that same relationship nominated under Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could.
- This year, crossover relationships cannot be nominated. Crossover relationships contribute less to an individual fandom's growth, which is the point of the exchange.
- This means that both characters must appear in the canon. Therefore, a relationship might qualify for a general fandom but not for a subfandom.
- Relationships with original or implied characters cannot be nominated.
- This year, participants can request/offer art and/or fic. Other options (fanmixes, fanvids, etc.) might be available next year, if working with two options goes well.
- Art requirements: You must submit finished art—sketches are not permitted. Art may be traditional or digital, but cannot be drawn on lined paper. Manips and other graphics are not permitted.
- Fic requirements: You must submit complete fic. Fic must be a minimum of 2,000 words and must stand on its own.
- You must make a minimum of 3 requests and 4 offers, with a maximum of 10 for each. For each request or offer, you must list at least 1 relationship, with a maximum of 20. Please note that some fandoms have no nominated relationships. For these fandoms, please choose "Any."
- You may choose to request and/or offer ONE relationship twice. However, the second request/offer will not count toward your required minimum. Also, the second request/offer must come from a different continuity than the first. (For example, you can request Bucky Barnes/Pepper Potts from Marvel 616 and from Marvel Noir.)
- You may request/offer "Any" relationship. If a fandom has nominated relationships, you are requesting/offering those. If a fandom has no nominated relationships, you may only request/offer relationships that meet the exchange requirements.
- For ONE of your offers, you may choose to make a bucket offer, group of fandoms for which you're willing to write absolutely any of the nominated relationships. We will explain bucket offers in more detail during sign-ups.