Published: 2014-07-13 12:45:00 -0400
- Coders: Enigel, james_, sarken, Scott, Stephanie Smith
- Code reviewers: Enigel, james_, sarken
- Testers: Ariana, Enigel, Etharei, james_, Lady Oscar, mumble
Important: We've been battling problems with our indexing process, which updates the search index for works and bookmarks when things are posted, updated, or otherwise changed in significant ways. While no actual data has been lost, we've been receiving reports of works or bookmarks not showing up where they should (e.g. work listings) or only after long delays.
As of this deploy, we've made some changes that should update the work index immediately upon a change, and refresh the bookmark index in batches (currently, once every 24 hours). This should help keep bookmark lists from being completely out of order, but does mean that some updates still won't show right away. We're working on more permanent improvements!
Works & Tags
- Previously, "Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings" was selected by default in the posting form. We removed the default selection, to prevent unintended warning combinations when selecting additional warnings.
- We also made sure the tag says "Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings" everywhere else on the site, e.g. in the Sort & Filter sidebar. (We switched from "Author" to be more inclusive of non-text fanworks.)
- Following a link to a deleted chapter would throw an error if the work it belonged to had also been deleted. Now it redirects either to the main Works index (with an error message), or to the work's first chapter if the work still exists.
- Added a missing CSS class to the HTML mark-up for tag pages.
- Cleaned up duplicate indexes in our database.
Collections & Tag Sets
- A few years ago, we set up static pages for Collections to battle heavy load on our servers, e.g. during Yuletide reveal. Now that we regularly handle a lot more traffic than in 2011, the code for static versions of Collections has been removed.
- An unapproved work would appear on a moderated Collection's dashboard (but not actually in the work listing) if it was also added to an unmoderated collection. This has been fixed.
- When editing a work in an unmoderated collection to add it to another, moderated collection, there would be no message to the work creator that the work still needed to be approved by the collection mod. This has been fixed.
- A user's Assignments page had a button that would allow them to send an email to their recipient as the Collection maintainer. This has been removed.
- In Tag Sets with Ratings, Warnings, or Categories, the respective options (e.g. F/F, F/M, Gen) would be listed without any commas between them. This has been fixed.
- On Tag Set nominations pages, the hover text for the ?! icon on unreviewed tags claimed they could be edited even after nominations were closed. It now just says they still need to be reviewed.
- Cleaned up several HTML mark-up problems on Tag Set pages.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.