Published: 2015-05-11 13:40:20 -0400
We addressed some issues with the filters that had cropped up on some mobile devices after our last code update, so sorting & filtering should be working again for everyone. We also fixed a few tiny bugs.
- Coders: frownlee, james_, Sarken
- Code reviewers: james_, Sarken
- Testers: Ariana, hele, Lady Oscar, mumble
- In an earlier code update, we had changed the way filters appear on mobile devices, to prevent the need for excessive scrolling just to get to the sorting options. On some devices, unfortunately, it was impossible to select some options in the filters due to the way they overlaid the other page content. We've now changed the layout so that when you tap the "Filters" button, the Sort and Filter sidebar pushes the other content out of the way.
- The "Filters" button was missing when accessing a user's bookmarks while logged out; this has been fixed.
- The "Filters" button (and the "Bookmark External Work" link) is now included when accessing a collection's bookmarks.
- Upon request by the Development & Membership committee, we made changes to the Drive page in preparation for the AO3 Membership Drive.
- We made a small change to one of our automated tests which was failing because of a date-related issue, and another small change to another test that was failing intermittently for unknown reasons.
- We added more caching to some of the administration settings on the Archive, which will reduce database calls during peak times.
- We updated some of the database schema files that had become outdated due to previous code releases.
- An image used in the Tumblr share code on works and bookmarks was causing a security warning when accessing the Archive using https. Now we use a protocol-relative URL for the image to prevent such warnings.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.