This deploy includes code contributions by Ariana, Elz, Emily E, Nathan J. Xaxson, sarken, Scott, Tegan, and tuff_ghost and was tested by Emilie, james_, Lady Oscar, mumble, Michelle Dong, Priscilla D., Sammie J., sarken, and Scott. Extra special thanks again to Enigel for code review and merging, and to james_ for his work on automated code deploys to our testing environment!
- Previously, all users who had left kudos on a work were listed, requiring a lot of scrolling to get past them on popular works. Now only the first 50 names appear, followed by a link to expand the entire list.
- After a recent code change, editing and then previewing a work previously gave a message erroneously claiming that a draft had been created and would be deleted in 30 days. This message now only appears in circumstances where a draft actually has been created (when first previewing a new work and when choosing "Save Without Posting").
- Improvements to subscription notification emails for chapter updates to avoid redundant "Chapter" labels and include the chapter number.
- Previously, works which were orphaned immediately after posting could end up in a subscription email, accidentally telling the author's subscribers of the new work. There is now a check in place when these emails are generated that will skip orphaned works.
- In the posting form, the first item in the Archive Warnings and Category listings wasn't properly aligned with the other items in the list. This is now fixed.
- The Edit Tags form had a "Save Without Posting" button when editing tags on an already-posted work, erroneously implying that it would be possible to save the work as a draft. The button has been removed.
- Made changes to the form type for the Fandoms tag field in the posting form. We are aware of issues with screenreaders, e.g. JAWS, for some elements of the posting form, and will continue to work on improvements in that regard.
- Made changes in a) the help text that appears when clicking on a work's icon block and b) the Category (Gen, F/M, M/M, etc.) help text available when posting or editing a work, to make their wording match.
- We had previously removed the font specification for work text in PDF downloads to avoid an issue with Internet Explorer 9 that caused the text to show up in Batang under some circumstances. However, this change created issues with font usability for some people, so we have restored the font with fallbacks to avoid the bug.
- The claim email sent to users whose works have been imported to AO3 by an Archivist referred to claiming "stories". This has now been changed to "works".
- Attempting to add a bookmark to a closed collection previously failed without an error message. Now it gives a suitable error message and allows the user to choose whether to create/update the bookmark without the collection.
- The message on a bookmark pending collection moderator approval is now visible only to the bookmark's creator and properly disappears after the bookmark is approved.
- Clarified the button labels and cleaned up some mark-up on the Request an Invite page.
- Added help text to the account creation page with information about the requirements for usernames (e.g. no spaces, no special characters) and passwords.
- The Terms of Service box on the account creation form listed the entire ToS, making the page very long and causing users to miss the "Yes, I have read the Terms of Service and agree to them" ticky box at the bottom. The ToS now appears in a shorter window with a scrollbar.
- Made minor changes to the success message generated when changing one's username and added an "Are you sure?" confirmation popup.
- Tag Search results listings for tags with words in right-to-left languages had an issue with one of the parentheses around the (#) of works being misplaced. This is now fixed.
- Removed an unnecessary line from the code that creates our pop-up help boxes.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.