Published: 2014-08-12 17:17:41 -0400
Welcome to Release 0.9.16, in which we declare our frantic multi-part releases over, and go back to frantic one-part deploys (which doesn't really make much of a difference except for our Release Notes titles). In the past five months, we've fixed about 200 bugs and gone from eight pages of queued up code submissions down to one. \o/ With that done, we can now take the opportunity to look at our backlog of planned new features and enhancements and consider our strategy for the rest of the year. Onward!
- Coders: james_, openendings, sarken, Scott, Stephanie Smith
- Code reviewers: Enigel, sarken
- Testers: Ariana, Lady Oscar, Runt, sarken, Scott
Works & Subscriptions
- We changed some elements of the "Edit Chapter" form to make the button layout, formatting, and behavior more like that of the "Edit Work" form.
- Changed the message at the end of the kudos listing for works with more than 50 kudos to say "and 1 more user" or "and X more users" depending on whether there are one or more hidden kudos. (Previously the message said "and X more user(s)" in both cases.)
- Using the "Subscribe" button on a multi-chaptered work no longer redirects the user to the first chapter.
- Previously, unsubscribing from a work redirected the user to the last page visited, even if it was opened in another tab. Now, unsubscribing should not redirect the user.
Users & Accounts
- Changing only the capitalization of a user name left the user with the original capitalization as their default pseud. It should now work normally, with the user name set to the new capitalization and no extra pseud created.
- Submitting the "Edit My Profile" form will now bring the user to the Profile page to see the changes, rather than just leaving the form open.
- We made some changes to the settings our administrators use to control account creation on the Archive. The buttons on the Archive front page will change to match the chosen settings: currently, new accounts require an invite, so the front page asks you to add yourself to our invite queue if you are not logged in.
Collections & Challenges
- Because collection names cannot contain spaces, long names were failing to wrap properly, instead running out of the blurb and overlapping with other components of the page. They are now forced to wrap to stay within the blurb.
- It was previously possible to open signups for a challenge with anomalous dates. Now, trying to save challenge settings with sign-ups open and an opening date in the future, a closing date in the past, or a closing date before the opening date, will give an error message.
- The "live validation" error messages that appear under many Archive form fields when too many or too few characters are entered were causing the other elements of the form to move up or down in a distracting way as they appeared and disappeared. The messages now appear overlaid on the form in popup rectangles, with the rest of the form staying put.
- As a side-effect of a form layout change in our last update, the "All" and "None" buttons on the pages Tag Wranglers use to edit a tag's associations were selecting tags outside the button's section. This has now been fixed.
- We added a colored ribbon to our Staging and Development environments to make it easier for our Testers and Coders to keep them straight from the actual Archive.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.