Pretty Lights, a multifandom actor RPF archive, is being imported to the Archive of Our Own (AO3).
In this post:
- A bit of background explanation
- What this means for creators who have work on Pretty Lights
- And what to do if you still have questions
Pretty Lights was a multifandom actor RPF Secret Santa challenge which ran from 2005 to 2010. The archive for the challenge is now closing for financial reasons.
Open Doors will be working with diana, the archivist, to import Pretty Lights into a separate, searchable collection on the Archive of Our Own. We will begin importing works from Pretty Lights to the AO3 collection after March.
All works archived on the behalf of a creator will include their name in the byline or the summary of the work. As we import works, we will e-mail notifications to the address associated with the work. Before we import, we'll do our best to check the AO3 for an existing copy. If we find one, we will invite it to the collection instead of importing it.
All imported works will be set to be viewable only by logged-in AO3 users. Once you claim your works, you can make them publicly-viewable if you choose. After 30 days, all unclaimed imported works will be made visible to all visitors.
Please contact Open Doors with your Pretty Lights pseud(s) and e-mail address(es), if:
- You'd like us to import your works, but you've changed email addresses.
- You already have an AO3 account and have imported your works already yourself.
- You’d like to import your works yourself. (Including if you don’t have an AO3 account yet.)
- You would NOT like your works moved to the AO3.
- You are happy for us to preserve your works on the AO3, but would like us to remove your name.
- If you have any other questions we can help you with.
Please include the name of the archive in the subject heading of your email. If you can't access the email account you used for your original archive account, please let us know. If you've posted the works elsewhere, or have an easy way to verify that they're yours, that's great. If you don't, we will work with the moderator to confirm your claims.
Please see the Open Doors Website for instructions on
We'd also love it if fans could help us preserve the story of Pretty Lights on Fanlore. If you're new to wiki editing, no worries! Check out the new visitor portal, or ask the Fanlore Gardeners for tips.
We're excited to be able to help preserve Pretty Lights!
- The Open Doors team