We fixed a couple of bugs, cleaned up some code, and also added a whole lot of Cucumber tests to our suite. Mmm, veggies!
- Coders: Ariana, bingeling, james, Sarken, tickinginstant
- Code reviewers: Ariana, james, Naomi, Sarken
- Testers: Lady Oscar, mumble, Rebecca Sentance, Runt, Sarken
- [AO3-3213] - Certain combinations of letters and characters in user-entered tags, such as "a.k.a." would lead to errors when trying to look at work listings for that tag. It was also impossible for wranglers to fix those, so a database admin had to step in. Now these can be wrangled just like any other tags!
- [AO3-4375] - When logging in for the first time, new users are greeted with a small banner offering tips & tricks about Archive features and options. Our Docs team has now updated and clarified much of this information, and added links to our ever-expanding FAQ. (Hint: Tick the "Turn the new user help banner back on." option in your Preferences to access this content.)
- [AO3-1654] - Deleting comments in a long thread could render undisplayed comments inaccessible. Now, you can properly access the rest of the thread.
- [AO3-4663] - We added a meta tag to our layout which forces Internet Explorer to display pages in EdgeHTML mode, the highest standards mode supported by IE.
- [AO3-4700] - We fixed a problem with the status badges in our README and switched the image links to a new service which provides a crisper look.
- [AO3-4684] - We use a little tool that tells us if our code is sufficiently covered by test cases. This release updates the necessary gems to improve the tool's accuracy.
- [AO3-4677] - We also added coverage monitoring to the service we use for deploying new code to our Test Archive.
- [AO3-4695] - Increased our fandoms-related test coverage.
- [AO3-4694] - Increased our invitations-related test coverage.
- [AO3-4690] - Increased our tags-related test coverage.
- [AO3-4675] - Increased test coverage for our internal API.
- [AO3-4673] - Increased test coverage for skins-related activities.
- [AO3-4678] - 99 lines of tests on the wall, 99 lines of tests! Take one away -- actually, add 99 lines, which in this case cover tag wrangling procedures -- 15,289,462,899 lines of tests on the wall!
- [AO3-4688] - In a continuing theme, we increased our gift exchange test coverage.
- [AO3-4680] - Ditto, for AO3 admin activities.
- [AO3-4670] - And even more admin activities.
- [AO3-4679] - This one's for test cases relating to the invitation queue.
- [AO3-4672] - AO3 admins can add languages to the Archive database, which will then appear in the language drop-down when posting a new work, for example. We added a test for this!
- [AO3-4671] - There's now also a test for deleting or orphaning multiple works at once. "How are they not at 120% test coverage at this point???" I hear you ask. But apparently we are not.
- [AO3-4646] - Updated the gem we use for parsing HTML in user-entered text.
- [AO3-4697] - There were a lot of files that included old database tasks we weren't using anymore. Got rid of those! \o/
- [AO3-4674] - We also cleaned up instances of devmode code that wasn't used anymore.
- [AO3-4662] - Same for some outdated API code.
- [AO3-4653] - Added some code to reduce the number of errors logged when tags are changed.
- [AO3-4643] - This fix removes spurious errors logged when a subscription is deleted before the batch containing its notification is sent.
- [AO3-4660] - This one is aimed at reducing errors we saw when works weren't being properly re-indexed.
- [AO3-4645] - Sometimes, notifications weren't sent when works were added to a collection (due to a miscommunication between database records and mailers). We added code to address these errors.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.