Due South Archive (DSA) a due South fanfiction archive, is being imported to the Archive of Our Own (AO3).
In this post:
- A bit of background explanation
- What this means for creators who have work on Due South Archive
- And what to do if you still have questions
The Due South Archive (DSA) was opened in 1994, and accepted all types of due South fanfiction. To preserve access to the stories for new (and old!) due South fans, the archive will be moved to the AO3.
Open Doors will be working with Speranza, the current archivist, to import the Due South Archive into a separate, searchable collection on the Archive of Our Own. We will begin importing works from the Due South Archive to the AO3 collection after November 2016.
All works archived on the behalf of a creator will include their name in the byline or the summary of the work. As we import works, we will e-mail notifications to the address associated with the work. Before we import, we'll do our best to check the AO3 for an existing copy. If we find one, we will invite it to the collection instead of importing it.
All imported works will be set to be viewable only by logged-in AO3 users. Once you claim your works, you can make them publicly-viewable if you choose. After 30 days, all unclaimed imported works will be made visible to all visitors.
Please contact Open Doors with your Due South Archive pseud(s) and e-mail address(es), if:
- You'd like us to import your works, but you need the notification sent to a different email address than you used on the original archive
- You already have an AO3 account and have imported your works already yourself.
- You’d like to import your works yourself (including if you don’t have an AO3 account yet).
- You would NOT like your works moved to the AO3.
- You are happy for us to preserve your works on the AO3, but would like us to remove your name.
- If you have any other questions we can help you with.
Please include the name of the archive in the subject heading of your email. If you've posted the works elsewhere, or have an easy way to verify that they're yours, that's great. If you don't, we will work with the moderator to confirm your claims.
Please see the Open Doors Website for instructions on
We'd also love it if fans could help us preserve the story of Due South Archive on Fanlore. If you're new to wiki editing, no worries! Check out the new visitor portal, or ask the Fanlore Gardeners for tips.
We're excited to be able to help preserve the Due South Archive!
- The Open Doors team