In this release, we are introducing changes to the abuse report form and fixing a couple of issues with subscription emails for anonymous works. Also included: some invisible code improvements and better documentation for developers wishing to submit bug fixes.
Please note that as of this release, email addresses are required when submitting an abuse report. You can read more about the reasons for this in our post about a clarification in the Terms of Service. Please help the Abuse team help you!
- Coders: Ariana, dolleye, james, Sarken, Scott, tickinginstant
- Code reviewers: james, Naomi, Priscilla, Sarken, Scott
- Testers: Alison, Lady Oscar, Matty, mumble, Sammie, Sarken
- [AO3-4607] - The Abuse team started using a new ticket tracker, so we did the necessary rewiring on our end, while also making some changes to the form itself. An email address is now mandatory (for the sole reason of having a way to contact you if the Abuse team needs further information).
- [AO3-4608] - Since we are able to provide assistance in languages other than English (thanks to our amazing Translation volunteers), we have made this option more obvious with a pull-down menu to select your language. Site admins can manage the list of available languages as new Translation teams sign up.
- [AO3-4108] - If a work was in two anonymous collections, a notification would be sent to users subscribed to the creator when only one collection was revealed, not both. This would break anonymity. Fixed now!
- [AO3-4367] - However, when works were in an unrevealed-but-not-anonymous collection, creator subscribers weren't notified at all when the works were revealed. Also bad! Also fixed.
- [AO3-4273] - When using a non-canonical tag in a gift exchange sign-up, an error message would advise the participant to contact our Support team. As per updated policy, we ask participants to instead contact the challenge moderator(s), who can create a tag set for the exchange if necessary.
Behind the Scenes
- [AO3-4397] - We made some subtle code changes that should reduce the load on our database server.
- [AO3-4398] - More TLC for the database server.
- [AO3-4619] - Over on our project's GitHub page, we updated our README and added some formal contributing guidelines as well as a pull request template for those wishing to submit a bug fix (yes please!).
- [AO3-4637] - We fixed a rather serious security issue, with many thanks to Harlan Lieberman-Berg for alerting us to the problem!
- [AO3-4639] - After taking care of the above security issue, indexing for anything other than works wasn't working properly anymore. That's also fixed now!
- [AO3-4640] - The automated tests for prompt memes were failing since our hypothetical "sign-ups close at" date was no longer in the future. Damn that passage of time. Anyway, we are no longer using a hardcoded date.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.