We have whitelisted two new sites for vid embedding purposes (and removed a couple of others), made sure external services don't get stuck on the adult content warning when they're trying to reach a work, prettied things up a bit here and there, and squashed a handful of miscellaneous bugs.
- Coders: Ariana, dolleye, james, Sarken, tickinginstant
- Code reviewers: james, Naomi, Priscilla, Sarken, Scott
- Testers: Alison, Lady Oscar, mumble
- [AO3-4533] - Once upon a time, the Organization for Transformative Works website was somewhat unstable, so we had to temporarily host a donation page on the Archive. The OTW site is now much more reliable, so we've removed the temporary page and updated our Donate page with the new link and a reassurance that we will never link your financial information to your AO3 name.
- [AO3-4516] - Most websites these days use the HTTPS protocol to make sure any communication they have with users' computers is secure. In order to switch the Archive to HTTPS, we have begun updating our code so our links no longer use absolute URLs like http://archiveofourown.org/works, but rather relative URLs like /works.
- [AO3-3496] - It used to take so long for a work to be added to or removed from your Marked for Later list that it was easy to think it hadn't worked and you needed to click the button again. Unfortunately, that would just undo whatever action you originally intended to do. Now your Marked for Later list will be updated immediately, eliminating any confusion and just making things more convenient.
- [AO3-4547] - Previously, even small updates to our notification banners (used to inform users about site-wide issues, or during OTW fundraising drives) would make the banner pop up again even if a logged-in user had already dismissed it. We have now added an option for admins to prevent this from happening.
- [AO3-4585] - In very rare cases, trying to create a new account would bring up an 404 error page. We have put in a fix that will hopefully put an end to this.
- [AO3-4597] - When a page on the Archive has many button-style links in a row, the buttons can sometimes wrap onto multiple lines (e.g. on narrow screens). Previously, there was no white space separating one row of links from the other, which looked bad and made the buttons harder to select on touch screens. This has been fixed!
- [AO3-4628] - An encoding error was preventing Open Doors from importing works that had certain characters (like curly quotes) in metadata fields. This has been fixed!
- [AO3-4564] - Our Ruby version has been upgraded from 2.1.9 to 2.2.5! Baby steps.
- [AO3-4624] - We made a small update to our Rails install.
- [AO3-4631] - When a bot tried to access a work with an R or E rating (or no rating), it was served the adult content warning rather than the work. That was annoying for sites like Pinboard and the Internet Archive, so now we're letting bots bypass the warning page.
- [AO3-4420] - We've been working with the Translation committee to test some code for translating AO3 emails, and they found a problem with the way we coded plurals in kudos emails. We've fixed it now, so experimentation can resume!
- [AO3-3947] - Even after setting the preference to turn off emails about gift works, users would still get those emails. Now they won't.
- [AO3-4615] - A naked URL in the HTML version of our sign-up confirmation email was messing with the email's layout. We have now dressed up the link in the proper HTML.
- [AO3-4627] - We added Vidder Tube to our list of whitelisted domains, so you can embed vids into AO3 works.
- [AO3-4335] - Same for the Internet Archive.
- [AO3-4626] - Both Blip.tv and Viddler are now-defunct sites and have been removed from the whitelist.
See our Known Issues page for current issues.