ADT Weekly Meeting + OTW-All-Org Meeting
Published: 2009-11-01 16:47:43 -0500
Sunday 7am! I chaired AND wrote up the minutes this week *is grown up* I'm kinda seeing the next two weeks as the calm before the storm. We want to get everything as polished as possible, create as little new work as we can and concentrate on making sure we're ready for Open Beta. We've put time into building up the Support team, getting in as many critical fixes as possible, building the Invitations code, making the FAQ more comprehensible, making the News Posts so we can communicate and I'm feeling weirdly erm... not flat, but not in an energy spike right at this moment - it's probably because I don't have anything specific to stress about... yet *grins*
Deploy schedule: Deploy to Beta still on for 8th November (Release 0.7.1) - it was going to just be the invitations code originally but we've snuck in a bunch of fixes too.
- Fixes: link in TOS, lots of IE7 stuff including nested bulleted list styling for meeeeee (yay cesy!), some Importer fixes, increase of character limit on Notes field, autocomplete on tags, html link in emails from admin comments and MORE.
- Invitations: Works! My first invite queue invite emails turned up - it's down to 25 on Test (we've used up all our secondary, tertiary and err quaternary? email addresses faking up an invite queue) - which is exciting!
- Open Beta: Mid November.
Stuff coming up:
- Allowed html: we're cleaning up the help on this to make sure they are all consistent (works, notes, summary, comments etc.)
- Permalinks: we've a very reasonable request for them on works and we think it's a good idea.
Monday 7am! I was kindly allowed to steal the first slot so I could report for AD&T then drift in and out as I made breakfast and dressed for work. I want some sort of permanent internet connection implanted so badly.
The Board has welcomed two new members, had an election, a fundraising drive and a baby. Hah, no-one multi-tasks like these women. Web are cross-training and documenting (activities dear to my heart), VolCom are doing admin and preparing for 2010 and looking for people, Translations are looking into international outreach *loves*, Systems are SO BUSY! Open Doors gave out 41 Archive invites and screencapped ~60 websites as part of finding new homes for Geocities users and archivists. *moment of silence for the animated gifs* Legal is waiting on a ruling on our DMCA proposal and Journal is 'chugging along, getting ready for No. 4' which in no way describes their awesome. Finance is handing over from Susan to our incoming Treasurer Sheila (who says 'we're just cruising along, being...you know...financial. \$/'). Elections didn't get to run an election but we have two, count em TWO new Board members as does Docs... well, two new members. Docs doesn't have a private Board that I'm aware of although they are a stealthy, ninja committee who are everywhere so who knows?. DevMem are justifiably proud of the results of the fundraising drive and are busy planning for the future *loves* I kind of need a lolcat to appropriately celebrate them. Comm is continuing to spreads words - mine as well, it's ever so slightly intimidating :p
- People wanted: *puts on OTW Committee Chair hat* the OTW needs people, particularly the Volunteers Committee (VolCom) and the Wikimittee; Translations and Finance would also love to welcome new volunteers. Some of our people have been serving on committees for two years now, we have knowledge and skills we'd love to share - and we need ongoing support to keep the committees rolling. If you've got skills, or passion (because we can teach the skills!) we'd love to hear from you.
If there are things you want to do/say - feel free to share either in comments, or by volunteering, or by messaging or whatever medium you're comfortable with. You are invited to this party :)