AO3 News

Post Header

Published:
2015-06-15 22:12:04 -0400
Tags:

We've made a few minor bug fixes and enhancements and cleaned up some old code.

Credits

  • Coders: Ariana, james_, Sarken, Scott
  • Code reviewers: Ariana, james_, Sarken
  • Testers: Ariana, briar_pipe, Lady Oscar, mugenmine, Nerine Luna Cyran

Details

  • In some situations, the mass importer Open Doors uses for at-risk archives would incorrectly report that a work had already been imported. We've modified how the mass importer checks a work's import status to prevent this from happening.
  • On the posting form, using an Archive URL beginning with https to cite a related work would result in an error message. Now you can successfully use AO3 URLs beginning with either http or https.
  • Fandom names were indented slightly on challenge prompts and external work blurbs. Now they line up correctly with the title.
  • All tag wrangling pages included an "Unsorted Tags (#)" link, which meant that every time a wrangler loaded a wrangling page, we were counting all the bookmark tags that had yet to be marked as Fandom, Relationship, Character, or Additional Tags. Because this is bad for performance, we moved the link so it will only be included on pages where it is necessary.
  • We had code for emailing co-creators when edits were made to their work. However, we weren't using this code, so we have removed it.
  • The Content Policy workgroup recently proposed changes to the Open Doors Terms of Service. The changes have now been incorporated into our Terms of Service page.

Known Issues

See our Known Issues page for current issues.