This deploy includes several invisible changes which are paving the way for more exciting things to come. Eventually, you'll be able to set a language preference and receive notifications in your chosen language. Work on a fully multilingual Archive continues!
- Coders: james_, Ariana
- Code reviewers: Ariana, Sarken, Scott
- Testers: hele, Lady Oscar, mumble
- The list of locales the Archive supports used to be hardcoded into the system; they are now easier to edit.
- We've started using a tool called rollout which allows us to turn on new features for selected users (the development team, in this case), so we can thoroughly test things within the proper Archive environment before making them available to all users. (Note that is strictly for testing purposes and not to be confused with premium features for paying users. Once something has been deemed ready by the testers, it will be made available to everyone.)
- We are introducing a new feature which will enable users to select a locale in their Preferences, resulting in customized email notifications in the appropriate language. (Not available yet!)
- We have started the process of preparing all our email templates for translation, which is a lot of fiddly work and will take a few more deploys. Many thanks to the Translation team for all their help and support in this!
See our Known Issues page for current issues.