7 am Sunday morning and I missed three meetings while on holiday. OMG people were busy in my absence; the Yuletide code drop got HUGE and a bunch of really cool changes got made. We started inviting participants for Yuletide and posting has been busy! We also updated the tag counts and simultaneously borked the Post New form but let us not speak of that (it's fixed now). In the meeting we mostly worked through a bunch of issues and tried not to generate anything new since we do want some time off over Christmas.
Succession planning: I'm stepping down as AD&T chair in 2010. I will continue to serve on the committee and help support the new chair - we plan to train up multiple people capable of coordinating a large open source project team (my successor is awesome by the way).
AD&T Update: We'll meet once more for the 2009 term - on 2nd of January - then break for most of January. We've not taken a break since January 2009 and we're in danger of melting the entire team into an exhausted (but very pleased) puddle.
For some perspective, we've been quite busy in the last few months:
- Release 0.7.0 Oct 17th (85 items)
- Release 0.7.1 Nov 07 (47 items)
- Open Beta Launch: 15 Nov (people: 347, fandoms: 668, works: 6,565)
- Release 0.7.1.1 Nov 22nd (46 items)
- Release 0.7.1.2 Dec 01st (14 items)
- Release 0.7.2 Dec 17th (78 items)
- Yuletide Participants Invited: 18th Dec (people: 2,648, fandoms: 3,775, works: 27,162)
- Release 0.7.2.1 19th Dec (11 items)
- Release 0.7.2.2 19th Dec (3 items) - five hours later
- Release 0.7.2.3 21st Dec (4 items)
- Release 0.7.2.4 21st Dec (3 items) - seven hours later
- Yuletide Posting Deadline: 21st Dec (people: 3,974, fandoms: 4,170, works: 31,550)
Deploy Schedule: None! We'll make plans when the committee starts up again in 2010 (if Yuletide needs us or if the whole AO3 borks we will respond as needed)
Support: Still operating over the break but please forgive minor delays
I am so proud of what we've achieved! I love the amazing people I am so fortunate to be working with and the community we are part of.
If there are things you want to do/say - feel free to share either in comments, or by volunteering, or whatever medium you're comfortable with. You are invited to this party :)