Release notes - release 0.8.10.10
Published: 2011-12-01 04:47:32 -0500
Welcome to Release 0.8.9.2. Elz, Enigel, Firewolf, Jenny, Naomi and sarken contributed code to this release. We're especially excited to welcome a first commit from Firewolf, who recently joined us for a coding internship \0/. The release was tested by Jenn_Calaelen, Tai , XParrot and Zebra. This is a small release, mostly fixing a few urgent bugs.
Rich text editor (mostly) fixed
A number of users have experienced problems with the rich text editor failing to load. We have now fixed this issue; however, we're still working on another bug with the rich text editor. So, most users should be able to use it without problems now, but if you're using Opera 11 or Internet Explorer 9, it will load but not let you actually edit. :( We're sorry about this - we're working to fix the bug completely.
Temporary authentication problem
A user alerted us to an authentication bug! We're happy to say that we were able to fix the issue within a few hours of it being reported and as far as we are aware no users were affected. Thanks to the user who let us know about the problem!
Fixes for collections and challenges
This deploy includes a bunch of fixes for problems which were making life difficult for challenge owners and participants. Thanks to those affected for their patience - we know that bugs in challenges are particularly annoying since most challenges are time sensitive, and we do our best to fix them speedily.
See our Known Issues page.
- Added a page letting people know how they can support the Archive! :D
- Comments are now paginated, 20 to a page, so if you're reading a work with a lot of comments they won't take forever to load.
- User inboxes are now paginated, 20 items to a page, so they won't take forever to load.
- The rich text editor now works again for most browsers (sadly we are still dealing with issues in certain browsers).
- Fixed a bug with user authentication which would have made it possible for people to edit tags on works they didn't own.
- Chapter navigation is now styled in the same way whether you're viewing a full work or chapter-by-chapter.
- Fixed a bug causing lots of excess white space on wrangling pages.
- Collections and challenges
- When a challenge allowed category, rating or warning tags in signups, trying to edit your signup gave a 500 error. This is now fixed
- Going to the index page for a collection with subcollections gave a 500 error. Fixed!
- The 'pinch hits' and 'open' sections of challenge assigment pages will now load.
- Pinch hits now show up on challenge assignments lists (so mods can tell whether pinch hitters have posted or not).
- Pinch hits which have been fulfilled (or formally defaulted) now no longer show up as an option when you post a new work.
- Inbox, comments, kudos
- After you comment on a chaptered work, you will be redirected to your new comment and (if you are viewing chapter-by-chapter) to the chapter you were on, instead of being bumped back to the beginning of the work.
- After you leave kudos, you will be redirected back to the page you were on instead of being bumped back to the beginning of the work.
- If you filter your inbox and then reply to a comment, when you're redirected back your filters will be preserved.
- The test for kudos has been refactored.